gemini 2.50

just tried the one with the emu in and screwed my box.... don't how am going to get this one back.... the only chance i have is trying something over serial on the boot command line....

if anyone has managed to rescue it let me know!!!

And if the person who created the modified version could tell me what ip address they used it would be great... as i may stand a chance...

sijones said:
just tried the one with the emu in and screwed my box.... don't how am going to get this one back.... the only chance i have is trying something over serial on the boot command line....

if anyone has managed to rescue it let me know!!!

And if the person who created the modified version could tell me what ip address they used it would be great... as i may stand a chance...

hi m8 i'll post it up once i get home, from work, (unless sum 1 else can post it up here,) do u hav serial cable, as thats the best way to get things bk to normal - that i find anyway but a little slow,

@sijones you must have done something wrong as it worked on my box ok. the best way to do it is to use universal dreamup as this just uses your computers ip. it's available in the downloads.

cyber2k1 said:
hi m8 i'll post it up once i get home, from work, (unless sum 1 else can post it up here,) do u hav serial cable, as thats the best way to get things bk to normal - that i find anyway but a little slow,

By default I THINK the Gemini uses 192.168.1.200 or 192.168.1.24

You'll prob be best starting again...

Dingodog said:
leefield, will universal dream up edit bouquets in Gemini

No mate, you can use Dreambox Control Centre for that...

choose 'Setup' (I think) then name your settings eg 'My Backup' and hit 'Backup' a folder will be created 'My Backup' in the DCC folder, this will then allow the Dremabox to download your cable.xml, config, services files etc.

Once done you can 'edit' the bouqets by hitting edit save the file and then use the 'Restore' to put it back to the box.

i used flash image pro, as i have used with other images and it has done the others fine.

It just seems weird, i can't get dreamup to even flash it now...

and if i telnet to it i can see the bootup sequence and alter the boot loader command but nothing actually works...

As said, it does not boot! it is not able to get the network up....

if anyone knows how to help reflash just using the serial cable... please do!!!

as i said eariler in thread mate use universal dreamup and flash a original image as this wipes the flashs memory. i takes about an hour using the serial cable but it does it

yeah the ip that was set on the box was 192.168.1.200 but i may hav left dhcp on. :mad:

sijones said:
well, tried everything now, can't get it to flash or even boot... so it's now a door stop....

Have you tried connecting with a null modem cable, ie not via IP this is the FAIL safe?

yes, i get the Dreambox DM500 then the bootloader line which i have been playing with...

Am currently trying to get it to do bootp and tftp some sort of image over... just trying to find out how to get the box to take the image and what image to transfer....

Back