GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail

Very fast card at a bargain price, faster than the 3850 I posted the other day, although this is almost £20 more expensive, it is still a great price for a powerful card.

GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-093-OK
£74 + delivery.

Stop tempting me to upgrade with all these good deals lol. Ive upgraded enough and now thinking my next purchase will be for a new build. I priced one up up Lambatek a Core2quad 2.4gh with a gigabyte mobo, 1tb samsung hdd cant remeber the rest and it was about £400 :proud:

Last edited:
Yes mate it will. Just gonna check on the PSU specs for you, will be back in a bit.

Yup all is fine mate, the 5300 Dells with the quad cores come with the 350W psu whcih will run that card no problem, just don't go adding 6 hard drives and such, lol.

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the quick reply looks like I may be in for a top new machine as with this voucher
Promotional Code:
XXCLK6
Expiry:
20/07/2008
Applies to:
Tesco Direct

its another £13.00 off:banana::banana::banana::proud:

Digi you know PC's quite well, would this build, along with that GFX Card and the 1Tb spinpoint from the other day be any good eg. would the PSU be adequate etc mate

Yes mate that is fine. But if that processor is not the GO stepping version then I would opt for this one here:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/131950

Also get this PSU instead of the one you listed:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/135159

And I would prefer to spend a couple of quid extra and get this ram:
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130429

If you must go for a quad processor then I say stick with the Q6600, it just does not make sense paying a lot more for one of the Q9 seires. They are at least £50 more for the bottom end one.

But if you are more into gaming then forget the quad core and get the dual core e8 series, either the 8400 or 8500. Much much faster in games. The e8400 is the best for the price and can be overclocked with ease.

Cheers mate just looking to start a new build as the next upgrade i could do on my current system is mobo and I thought I may as well start from scratch lol. I'm not really into PC gaming that much, I just want a better machine for encoding movies, converting mp3s etc. So would dual core or quad be better?

Get the quad core then mate, pefect for what you need.

Also if your not into gaming that much then get the cheaper 3850 graphics card, only a little slower but it has plenty of oomph if you do want to play decent games at some point. Then put the extra cash to more use, say a nice TV vard or something, or a seperate sound card.

Maybe a quality kb and mouse or something. In fact why not dump both the drives you listed and this card, get the 3850 and put the cash saved into the Bluray player that Rat posted on here for £50 odd quid?

Would be a much more sensible option.

Get the quad core then mate, pefect for what you need.

Also if your not into gaming that much then get the cheaper 3850 graphics card, only a little slower but it has plenty of oomph if you do want to play decent games at some point. Then put the extra cash to more use, say a nice TV vard or something, or a seperate sound card.

Maybe a quality kb and mouse or something. In fact why not dump both the drives you listed and this card, get the 3850 and put the cash saved into the Bluray player that Rat posted on here for £50 odd quid?

Would be a much more sensible option.

I dont need to bother with the Blueray player as i have got my PS3 for that and thats also the reason i aint into PC gaming lol. Ive got it pretty much sorted now as to what components i want. It comes to £490 for all the parts including vat only need to add delivery now. Now all i need is the money, i think ill wait till i come back off holiday first. Heres the list though:

Motherboard
Processor
RAM
GFX Card
PSU
HDD
DVD Writer

All i need to choose is a case, ive been thinking about one with a built in card reader on the front for ease. The hard drive can wait as i already have that model just a 500gb so it aint too important. Also do you guys think i need a second Optical drive (just a DVD rom). I mean how easy is it now to copy a disc to your hard drive then copy to a blank disc, rather and doing a 1:1 copy. Digi what do you reckon mate will it do, or does it need anything elses in your opinion? :Cheers:

I am not really into burning but most people I know only use one optical, it seems more than adequate in this day and age to let the computer take the image then swap to a blank DVD and burn it that way.

Other than that the PC looks fine, a 1333mhz processor would maybe be slightly better but I think the extra cost is not worth it, especially from the Q6600 to the bottom line Q9300 is still a massive price jump, so stick to the Q6600 as it will do you well for a good while yet.

As for a case, well I just buy cheap things so I can keep resale costs down, so all in all mate it's down to your personal taste.

Back