Geforce 8800GT £76

Strange the price has changed since this morning, cheers digicol

I've read some interesting reports on this card. many say it is no better, in performance, than the 7600GT. which at £21+vat at my local store, makes this look expensive. that said I aint got one, so I am going on hear say.

I've read some interesting reports on this card. many say it is no better, in performance, than the 7600GT. which at £21+vat at my local store, makes this look expensive. that said I aint got one, so I am going on hear say.

Yup those interesting reports sure are interesting, interesting in terms of complete and utter garbage mate.

Take it from me, this card is one of the best you can get at this price. In fact it is such a great card it will play anything you can throw at it, most games at max settings, Crysis at high settings.

Although the 7600gt was a fantastic card in it's time and threw above it's weight, here the 9600gt is in the exact same position, it throws well above it's weight, it is a mid range card that punches with the big boys. But at the same time is sooooo much more advanced than the 7600gt.

In simple terms, the 9600GT cripples the 7600GT in every single aspect, maybe not in terms of power consumption because the 7600GT was probably the most power friendly card ever created, especially for the grunt it pushed out in it's day.

EDIT:

Just realised you will probably be talking about the 8800GT, which all you have to do is replace the 9600gt in my comments above as both are almost identical in terms of performance. Only the 8800GT is a few quid more expensive.

Boith cards cripple the 7600gt which is now a very dated card for recent gamers.

Last edited:
Back