Gee it's warm at the moment.

fudgie

Inactive User
Reaction score
It's a little warm at the moment and the weather forecast says it's going to continue. The very old and the very young are at risk from heat exhaustion at the moment.

I was talking to a young mum in the chemist today who had a little one who was clearly suffering from the heat. My advice was to run a luke warm bath and let the little one play for a little while, just to get the body temp down.

You would think a cold pool would do the trick but that doesn't work as well as you might think. As the body just heats straight back up again, even hotter in some cases. I know a lot of websites recommend cool showers or baths but my little one suffered from heatstroke in OZ she used to go red all over and it wasn't sun burn as we kept her out of the sun.

I think you guy's here, are more at risk as your not really used to this kind of weather.

Heat stress - preventing heat-related illness : Environmental Health - Victorian Government HealthInformation, Australia

Sorry would have put a UK link up, but they don't seem to be as helpful as the OZ one I found.

My thoughts exactly some people have no brains.

Can't believe in the North West area they just said on news is prone to a drought and hosepipe bans, What after all the rain and snow they had last year it ridiculous,
must have rained in the wrong place errrmm, or was it just the wrong rain or the wrong snow this being British Rails normal excuse for delays.

Where we are there was only snow but very little rain.

Some of the ground, like at the local park is that dry it's starting to crack and crunchers when you walk on it.

Another thing, one of the water pipes under park has burst and has been flowing up like a spring. The authorities have been alerted but so far have done nothing.

What I think has happened is the ground is so dry and because shrinkages the pipe has been crushed.

Last edited:
sitting here now feeling clammy :( its such a sticky heat and could hit 30 degrees by Sunday they say :hot:
it's hard sleeping throught he night too its so warm

We cant win can we. We moan when its raining and moan when its warm.
I love the sun and heat and would have it like today anytime but i will say if its cold its easy to warm up with more clothes and heating but when its hot it is soooo hard to get cool.

I think the heat is great.

It is a bit close though, these thunderstorms that are due should fix that :)

lol did sound like I was moaning didnt it lol but I do like the heat :)
sitting in the garden till late with a cold one :beer:

just hope lasts the whole summer :thumbsup:

I think the heat is great.

It is a bit close though, these thunderstorms that are due should fix that :)

Thunder storms won't always fix the heat , sometimes it ends up being very humid.

I to love the heat, but still feel a little sorry for those that don't cope well.

when it gets really humid it brings on my asthma. :(

Yep that's right!
My son is suffering with Asthma attacks at the moment.
He's got his puffer and takes three times a day.

I've got twice morn - twice night . :(

Well, it's going to be a another warm one here today.
23 degrees cel at the moment, in the shade.
It did rain here a little yesterday.

It's looking like Sunday will be very warm. :)

Back