GDPR Virgin Media Breach - Anyone Claimed?

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

My VM details were part of the GDPR breach, im just wondering if anyone has put a claim in for this?

Thanks

Dont know anyone personally, but i see there is big push on social media with companies asking people to come forward if they were affected and put in for a claim.
But they operate like them PPI clowns and take percentage of payment.

I got an email saying my data had been accessed. Was going to just go down the claim route as Im not working at the moment due to coronavirus closing down my work so could help fill the gap in income

Hadn't even heard about this.

Just a private customer though.

Im a private customer too, if your data has been breached your entitled to be compensated under GDPR rules i believe

I got an email saying my data had been accessed. Was going to just go down the claim route as Im not working at the moment due to coronavirus closing down my work so could help fill the gap in income
Don't think compensation is an automatic thing. Will likely need to show that you have suffered either financially or it's brought on anxiety or stress.
You could always say that since it happened you haven't been able to face going outside. You have turned all visitors away and can't bear to have anyone within 2m of you. 😂

Just an update, i spoken to some sharks who are very much like the PPI guys who take 25% they seem very keen to act on my behalf so there must be some money to be had

Hello

Don't know if this is relevant but I recently had my Amazon account compromised and only just got my money back and that shares the same details as Virgin.
The bank also told me they had seen a huge rise in scams and people being hacked ect…………. so please be careful guys

Back