GC2-D2C help

steven7

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just got a Wii done a search
Your Drive Chip is most likely GC2-D2C.

Your Drive Pins are most likely not cut.

I would like to buy one that is cheap but still get the job done and needs to be Pre-Soldered (they any good?) and can update via DVD think that gives me 2 (D2CPro and D2CKey )

Anyone tryed wii-chip.co.uk

thanks

so reading your thread you already have the Wii.

and now you require a chip?

my recommendation is an argon, and to make job easier i use neoflex on my installs.

the argons i use are the ones from games4play.com and have the SPIflash onboard and are running 1.8 f/w.

Thing is i cant soldered so all the solder work needs to be done so i just open the wii and put it in .
I can get Pre-Soldered Argon Chip + Clip for £54.95 is that a good deal ?
thanks

I have not seen a d2pro or a d2ckey as of yet had any dvd update fw but can be updated by programmer(hXXp://www.d2pro.com/d2prog.html)
and the d2ckey will have to have a cable holder soldered on,
and if you wish to use a a wii clip and want to play NTSC games you will have to solder 4 extra wires
or just stick with PAL games

so reading your thread you already have the Wii.

and now you require a chip?

my recommendation is an argon, and to make job easier i use neoflex on my installs.

the argons i use are the ones from games4play.com and have the SPIflash onboard and are running 1.8 f/w.

games4play are not selling the argon any more

Thanks for all your help think it will be the argon i go for
dont need the 4 extra wires as i would just keep to play PAL games
just need to find somewere thats cheap for argon Pre-Soldered

just a update i payed for a Solderless Argon spi Chip & Wii-clip £52.90 all in from mxconsoles

update
got my Solderless Argon all games i tryed works
mxconsoles give me a free Tri-wing Screwdriver as it did not get sent out within 24hrs
l use Verbatim -r dvds at 4 x speed found a good shop for them online payed £13.18 for 50
TotalBlankMedia if u think thats a good deal

This may sound mad but here it goes
games that i copyed works so i try mario party 8 and it starts than says "The game Disc could not be read. Please refer to your Wii Operations Manual for more information."

so i copyed mario party 3 times now still no hope
than i take the Wii apart ,take the dvdrom off the chip and the games starts up all the time .
But when i put the wii case back that game does not work

is this a argon with clip.?? something might be a miss with the clip itself...try pushing the clip on a bit more....

yes it V2 of argon clip its push right in i had it going good way the case on it worked but 15 mins later got "The game Disc could not be read"
so i power off restart it and the game now says "The game Disc could not be read" at the start .
Thanks its the dvd thats movein the chip but why would most games still work

Back