Gbox Gemini 340 Uk Modified

I'm going to try flashing it twice.

I think what is happening is because it is a maxvar image in that the root is lzma compressed to make the writable /var partition larger.

If this is the case then the /var will not be readable on 1st boot.

If there is no /var then it creates it a /var and copies all the contents of /var_init to /var which is why none of zas786 changes are still there.

After the 2nd boot the rewritten /var is still there so the files from the jffs part of the backup is written to /var and not the /var/init.

I suppose this would mean the same happens if you go back to a non lzma compressed root image ?

in the time it took me to write this it has finished and all is working as it should be so some of us will need to flash it twice.

Thanks All

Last edited:
Confirmed. Had to flash once, boot, enter Screen type and date. Then reflashed, rebooted, and GBOX image came up.

FYI Bruteforce was the only scan option.

@zaf786
where did you get the gbox from m8 ?

I can't find it in the normal places :(

strange i have flashed this image it goes over to the box it just stays black nothing flashed it over a few times rebooted the box nothing strange . the only thing i change is the file extention to .img

strange i have flashed this image it goes over to the box it just stays black nothing flashed it over a few times rebooted the box nothing strange . the only thing i change is the file extention to .img

Can confirm that just flashed with fw 6.3 and no probs at mo, all cams and settings too. Like this gbox cam would like the file for future ref though.

Can confirm that just flashed with fw 6.3 also very frustrating got all the cam options and also only bruteforce scanned the only thing it seem not to pick up is sly movies any ideas why been at this all day finaly got it flash and no movies : shocked2 : shocked2 : shocked2

Can confirm that just flashed with fw 6.3 also very frustrating got all the cam options and also only bruteforce scanned the only thing it seem not to pick up is sly movies any ideas why been at this all day finaly got it flash and no movies : shocked2 : shocked2 : shocked2

seems you may have slight sig error.

Did you not backup services and boquttes with dcc? If you did just restore.

I also edited bruteforce file for 6952 only, cut down scan time.

Heres another thing just set up nas drive and no freezing on play back as yet, using gbox cam. watched this recording 2 days ago using gem 3.40 with mgcamd and did freeze slightly.

every thing looks ok but for the channels i am missing would it be worth trying to put my area service files into the image 6887 brute force is never very good for me on any of my boxes scanned it 4 times got sl y 1to 4 no sl y sports dont want to take it of after all the time i spent putting it on lol and with the nas drive glich free that sounds good just need more scan options : shocked2

every thing looks ok but for the channels i am missing would it be worth trying to put my area service files into the image 6887 brute force is never very good for me on any of my boxes scanned it 4 times got sl y 1to 4 no sl y sports dont want to take it of after all the time i spent putting it on lol and with the nas drive glich free that sounds good just need more scan options : shocked2

Yes you can put your service file in but brute should have found all channels.

If you have a services file then restore it but then look at transponder settings and edit bruteforce file to include specific transponder. I use text pad to edit or the edit function in cute ftp.

Using DCC you can also replace cables file service list and bougetts, i always do a backup of these prior to any image change.

Does seem that sig strength is too high, when you put your service file in check the snr/ber on movies 5-9 prob over 95 or under 89 3db atten should fix

Hope you get it sorted.

Must try recording with nas and then fresh play back.

Last edited:
ok got things sorted out most channels in my list look ok but some have question marks next to them strange but they work ok had this on my box for 3 days not one glich or stick up to now it looks solid .: colors1 : multi :

ok got things sorted out most channels in my list look ok but some have question marks next to them strange but they work ok had this on my box for 3 days not one glich or stick up to now it looks solid .: colors1 : multi :
Is it a ? or a ! if the latter, means that these channels have been added after scan automatically prob, if you re scan then the ! will be removed.If ? then don't know.

When you're watching a channel, enigma automatically scans that transponder for any channels that you don't have. If it finds one, it adds it to the services file with a '!' in front of it. When you reboot, the '!' goes away and it becomes a normal channel. All this is done in the background so you don't see anything.

If you want to disable it, I think it's in the BLUE button menu somewhere called 'auto services update'. Uncheck it to disable.

I don't know what the '?' symbolizes.

ok thanks devil going to reboot it now thats one thing i have not done yet reboot the box since i put the image over : colors1

I frequently flash twice, first time gets common interface, second time gets all the mods. Its as Ellie explained cept I am too thick to unnerstand it.

With this image I needed to flash twice. Normally I don't need to.

I set up a Dreambox for a friend and he bought one of the later Dreamboxes that take the later firmware (1.09 - it won't take 1.08). It took an age to find an image that would go on there. I prefer Neutrino but that wouldn't work so I had to use this Gemini image for him. He seems happy though.

I prefer neutrino too. Locate ultra 0.8 (not 0.9). dreamup it, click erase flash then when done flash it but say "nein" at the flash erase prompt at this stage.

this image seem to work fine yesterday it was a bit up and down but my c.c box told me that work was being done and that my services were down as soon as my c.c box was ok my dream settled right down again and all seems fine again : colors1 plus all question marks gone after a rescan..

well i have gone back to this image since sunday touch wood no gliching or freezing but i have to use itv audio ...update after testing out the new images they were sticky for me ..:eater: :Boo:

Back