Gazza crash footage emerges

Conners

DW Member +
Reaction score
4:33pm UK, Wednesday June 16, 2010

Sarah Gordon, Sky News Online
Dramatic images have been released showing a bloodied Paul Gascoigne moments after the car he was travelling in spun out of control and hit a building.

The retired Newcastle star, who is recovering in hospital, was a passenger in the Vauxhall Astra when it careered off the road.

The vehicle smashed through a lamp-post then into stone pillars surrounding Newcastle's Guildhall.

A hotel porter described how he feared for the former England footballer's life when he ran to help at the scene of the crash.

Dean Smith, 30, said: "He was out cold and there was blood everywhere. I thought if I don't do something he'll die.

"His face was smashed up. He had a terrible cut over his right eye and was face down in blood. It seemed to be spilling out all over the place."

The trained first aider put Gazza in the recovery position while taxi drivers from a nearby rank helped with the female driver and another passenger.

Gazza Car Crash: Shock Images Of Gascgoine's Accident Shows Aftermath In Newcastle Street | UK News | Sky News

Poor Gazza, he may have been a millionaire during his football career but he's not had an easy life.

Get well Gazza ye mad bastard.

According to todays paper he wasn't wearing a seatbelt so he was smashed around the car on impact. Very lucky boy and could have been far worse.

Is he still on the drink?

Does a bear shit in the woods.

I would imagine he will never kick the booze. He brought a lot of stuff onto himself but was also exploited a lot by the gutter press and so called friends. I always liked him, he was a gifted footballer and a real character in his prime.

Get well Gazza and stay dry.

He was arrested at the end of March this year for drink-driving so its a safe bet to say he's still on the sauce.

I agree with Jaffa though. I think he's got to many 'inner demons' to ever quit the drink.

Always liked him, even when he joined the Huns. ;)

What was his big mates name?

2 Bellies or something like that?

lol

good luck to him but I think he's on a self destruct mission. like a few others before him.

5 bellies was his m8. 2 bellies was his team m8. Ally McCoist.

He is one hell of a guy, but let his life be influenced by others.

One thing I will say is his Autobiography is one of the best I have read.

Get well soon Gazza.

easily one of Englands best ever players get well soon mate.

A huge waste of natural born talent. Seems a nice enough guy but feck is he tightly wedged in that booze bottle. Such a shame.

I can never see him turning it around sadly. :(

Never wasted his talents when he played against Scotland at Wembley.
He ruined my whole day out.
The guy iwas brilliant but was led down the wrong path

Back