Gas Boiler Recommendation

dar1437

Worldz Biggest Oddball
VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

My mother's gas boiler has bitten the dust. Well, the guy said that the circuit board had blown and it costs over £400? (I don't think the actual boiler cost much more lol)

Anyway, she's looking for a new one.
Can anyone recommend an efficient/ reliable one at a reasonable price? (Standard non combi)

Cheers,
Dar :)

I always fit Baxi Duo-Tec 28Kw boilers with 7 year Guarantee to my properties...Plus they are GREAT to work on....Then as i have stated before i still have £350 Ferroli 701 i fitted myself in 1997 still going strong, has had a new fan, PCB, APS and NEEDS a new PRV...lol..

I was told 20 years ago that a Vaillant is the Rolls Royce of boilers. I had one in my previous house, and put one in here when I moved in 16 years ago. Wouldn't have anything else.

Google it, blood boiled, rant over😡🤬

I have Worcester green star 29cdi condensing boiler really happy with it...

Thanks for the replies.

The Boiler is a Halstead Hero 50. It's been there for 14 years and only needed fixing once (new fan)
The guy that looked at it Friday, said the pcb had gone which is £450.
On Saturday we went up the nearest place to have a look, and we explained to the chap what had been told, and he got ob his computer and found a pcb for £260. So I'm not sure if the guy was trying to rip us off, or was looking at some other site?? Lol
I may get the 260 and try and put it in myself. :)

Worth a punt at £55 for the exchange board mate

Take a good photo before you remove the wires ;) Might help on refitting although it looks fool proof :)

Back