Gas Bill for £0.03p

Enticy

Member ++
Reaction score
I friend came round for tea today. She brought with her a gas bill which is just ridiculous.

She moved house a few months and before moving she telephoned BG to give them her final reading and paid the bill. Several months later her final bill arrives asking for her to settle the debt of ...wait for it... the worldly sum of 3p.

I mean that is stupid, it must of cost them at least 25p to send that letter, if she were to send it back with the 3p that will cost another 25p plus add their 'admin' time and it must have cost over £1 for a 3p debt.

Why did they not just write it off?

This is not really a rant, thats why its not in that section here I just thought it was really funny.

i agree is funny and silly, but spose it one them "jobs worth" thingys. if they dont send it, someones head will roll for not sending her the final bill. but dumb all the same. wish mine werre that cheap tho ha xx

these bills are computer generated and most probably never seen by the company

I suspect a final bill would be sent even if the balance were £0.00. Its probably a contractual obligation when an account terminates.

tell her to pay 5p that will fook them up lol

I hold 5 shares in Vrgin Media Inc and every quarte get a divi of 4 pence, I always bank them much to the amusment of the bank teller.

refuse to pay, go to court and then earn sh%t loads of cash from the press story, bound to hit the tabloids.

the bill can be thousand of pounds if thay get your frend to pay just a 1p thay can then right the rest of the bill agance tax as a bad dett
not silley are thay

Back