Garmin nuvi 250 new maps

maggot

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey does anyone know where i can download the new 2008 maps for this device ?

I think you can get the DVD free from Garmin or anyone, it's the Unlock code that's the difficult bit....

You can get new maps on news bin if you have access...
I have just downloaded an update but not checked it yet I'll post back an let you know

if you could that would be great i looked to see if it was on the garmin site and its quite expensive

i go the 2008 maps of the newsgroups quite some time ago. I've seen 2009 maps for america but not 2009 maps for europe yet can give you an nzb for the 2008 ones if you want?

if you could that would be great i looked to see if it was on the garmin site and its quite expensive

There are cheaper places to buy the maps m8 than garmins site.

Hopefully im allowed to post this if not please remove it admins

http://www.pentagongps.co.uk/garmin-2008-nt-europe-map-update-i6906.html

With regards to the downloads on Ngroups, I havent managed to find the actually UPDATE DVD on their, only the full 4.3gb Addon Maps. What happens when you try and install these is this: it tries to put them as a seperate map on your Nuvi 250, since there is only about 300mb free on the nuvis then you cant load the whole DVD on. It is more designed for if you only have the UK base maps and want to add somewhere else like Spain etc. The actual update DVD replaces the 1.3gb base map on your Nuvi with an updated one. It takes about 1 1/2 hours so i am told for it to update!!! I havent actually been and bought the update DVD yet so I cant confim the time scale it takes :)

Hope this helps

q2

There are cheaper places to buy the maps m8 than garmins site.

Hopefully im allowed to post this if not please remove it admins

http://www.pentagongps.co.uk/garmin-2008-nt-europe-map-update-i6906.html

With regards to the downloads on Ngroups, I havent managed to find the actually UPDATE DVD on their, only the full 4.3gb Addon Maps. What happens when you try and install these is this: it tries to put them as a seperate map on your Nuvi 250, since there is only about 300mb free on the nuvis then you cant load the whole DVD on. It is more designed for if you only have the UK base maps and want to add somewhere else like Spain etc. The actual update DVD replaces the 1.3gb base map on your Nuvi with an updated one. It takes about 1 1/2 hours so i am told for it to update!!! I havent actually been and bought the update DVD yet so I cant confim the time scale it takes :)

Hope this helps

q2

What i did was downloaded the full dvd then selected just uk and ireland and loaded that on. It did keep old uk and ireland maps on there as well but you can choose which map to use. This was on a 350 though could have more or less space on it not sure

Yeh on a 250 you can just get the UK and Ireland maps added along side but then you run out of space :-( If I could find a download for the update DVD then I might be able to sort out the Unlock Codes for it, but nowhere seems to have it for download :-(

ok so does n e one have the dvd yet ? or a downloaded version and the cd key issue anyone know how to sort that its my mission to get this done so n e help would be good

Back