Gaming spec PC - suggestions please

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all...

I work in I.T but know absolutely nothing about playing games (if only I had the time).

Im looking to cost a gaming spec PC for a friends boy, the kind of games they are looking to play are

Assassins Creed Origins
Overwatch
Paragaon

But I'd also like to future proof it a little. Any suggestions as to build and spec would be appreciated as standard it would have SSD, i3 or i5 (I cant imagine these games are too CPU intense?) would I get away with DDR3 or should I be looking at DDR5 - where did ddr4 go?!

Does it really need to be water cooled - Im guessing that's GPU dependant?

Suggestions would be gratefully appreciated (bear in mind cost is key). Thanks as always

what's the budget ?

if not loads AMD cpu , if posh Intel lol

Im not sure to be fair - what sort of GFX cards would suffice? I'll build a quote from that :)

Also any pointers where to build a quote? I usually use Ebuyer but wasn't sure if there are better\cheaper places?

this is a new game out Mafia III: Stones Unturned

hear is the spec to play it ,

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel i5-2500K, AMD FX-8120
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: 2GB of Video Memory & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, AMD Radeon HD7870
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compliant Sound Card
Additional Notes: Windows 8.1 users may need additional Windows Update files: Please
RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 / AMD FX-8350
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: 4GB of Video Memory & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or GeForce GTX 1060, AMD Radeon R9 290X
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 3 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compliant Sound Card

AMD FX-8350 cpu is fast and not as expensive as Intel Core i7 3770

just ebay the parts and see if you can get them cheap ?

Last edited:
Bit of a first stab PC Builder you could swap and change until the cows come home - I didn't think was a bad spec. The only question is possibly the graphics card.

Any thoughts? Thanks guys :)

your memory is a bit slow 1333 i would go for the DDR3-1866 of higher

the card you getting is not to bad , but the more you can spend the better

I didn't add a mechanical as I have one I can use - its more the gaming aspect Im looking for help on :)

Also you say only a little more - that spec build cost didn't include storage or PSU and the gfx card was in dollars (so probably all in all £700 in total if not more?)

Looking at another card - Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Mini Video Card.

Any thoughts on this one?

Cheers guys - all sorted.

Out of interest, where would you guys recommend buying SSD's from? I usually use eBuyer (cant believe how much SSD's have gone up over the last few years).

Thanks

Hi guys

Sorry to jump in a thread but it saves starting another. My son is coming up 14 and I want a gaming desktop pc for him buget i guess around £600.00. I want it for christmas this year. I have been looking around a the best I can find at the moment is shown below. What are your thoughts.

i5 Rocket League GTX

Could i get some opinions on the above or post any links the better and faster.

Hi,
Did you get anywhere with this? I've been asked to build another :)

Hi shabba, if that last post was for me then yes I bought a system. Got cclonline to build be a system as I live not far from them. Razen 5, 1600, hyper fury 8gb ram, asus motherboard, 1tb hard drive and 128ssd drive. Palit GeForce GTX 1060 Dual 6GB Graphics Card, optical drive, red light up case, 1200 wifi card and I put it through my company so only cost me £650.00

Yeah these custom build sites such as cclonline are hard to beat even if you look at building the system yourself. Funnily enough I went down the same route - 3 year warranty and a great spec.

Yeah these custom build sites such as cclonline are hard to beat even if you look at building the system yourself. Funnily enough I went down the same route - 3 year warranty and a great spec.

Add to that a couple of free full price games for buying the asus motherboard. :) The show room is pretty good with these guys and the young lads serving on the counter are fantastic. Once we visited there we knew exactly where we were going to buy.

Back