Build advice Gaming pc

celtic1888_04

Member ++
Reaction score
Asking for a friend. Would the spec below be good for a gaming PC. Not sure about all the tech stuff. Quoted £600 for the system.

AMD A8-7600 3.1GHz
Asus A88XM-PLUS socket FM2+
4GB 1333MHz DDR3
Asus R7 360 OC 2GB GDD
WD Blue 1TB 3.5
Asus VS247NR 24
Element Gaming Keyboard & Mouse

Thanks in advance

It will do the job but this i7 Skylake will do it better

£653.99 RRP £1,105.24 save £451.25 (40% OFF*)

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Depends on the games your friend wants to play and what resolution and graphic quality he wants to play at.
I cant comment on AMD processors as i've never owned one, I opted for the i7 4770k for my build.
4GB of ram is a bit on the low side for gaming, the new black op's 3 requires 4GB minimum to run at low settings (recommended is 8GB)...bearing in mind that windows and back ground processes will be using RAM to.
so I wouldn't go for less than 8GB, the machine linked by idrob looks a decent spec for the money and you can always add more RAM at a later date if required.
also more and more games are starting to require more than 2GB of VRAM to run at high settings, I went with the MSI GTX 770@ 4GB of VRAM, although it plays every game thrown at it in ultra settings....im trying to convince the mrs to buy me the GTX 980ti for xmas :)

Branded EVGA 80+ (Plus) Rated 500W Power Supply??????????????????

Probably because it only has onboard graphics :eek:

I'm sure @little_pob can advise further when he sees this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Probably because it only has onboard graphics :eek:

I'm sure @little_pob can advise further when he sees this thread
Yep, onboard graphics. Though, given the rest of the spec, that PSU should be able to power a single, mid-range GPU.

You should add a SSD to your list. For little money you already get good ones.

Back