Gaming laptop vs. desktop????

jumbimcbumbi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Curious of opinions? About to buy one for the kids and not sure which platform to go with.

Thanks

Desktop wins every time , to get the same power from a laptop you would pay a lot more money but also consider that , one of the main problems for gaming rigs is heat and laptops would have to squeeze the same amount of power from components running in a tiny poor ventilated case it's just a recipe for disaster.

What sort of games are you getting it to play ?

The laptop runs so hot when gaming that sometimes in the middle of the game it shuts down and have to wait until it gets cool before you can boot up at all this is my experience with my laptop others might have a different one.

The laptop runs so hot when gaming that sometimes in the middle of the game it shuts down and have to wait until it gets cool before you can boot up at all this is my experience with my laptop others might have a different one.

Some laptops are "designed" for gaming some are not ,

But Evan the ones that are will cost a lot more then the equivalent desktop and not last along

Some laptops are "designed" for gaming some are not ,

But Evan the ones that are will cost a lot more then the equivalent desktop and not last along

Mine is a gaming laptop but the trouble is because of the very nature of the laptop design heat is hard to disperse, for me to achieve good airflow I need to elevate laptop ensuring vents are clear

desktop as above mate

pet hate of mine using pc for games i stick to games console

Games console forums ------------> that way , this forum is for people who take gaming seriously

Get a Desktop, I have both but rarely use the laptop. The Desktop is much more upgradeable. There is so much more you can do with a desktop and customizing of them. I build Custom PCs from installs to Case mods, media centers etc... Desktop all the way

desktop clearly max the specs and you wont have to buy one for a long time

I have a sweet Asus G74 but my desktop will run circles around it and it was much cheaper. Can't think of one good reason to pick laptop over desktop though for hardcore gaming

I prefer my desktop as well however I have started using a program called Splashtop to be able to play games like Skyrim on my netbook and tablet.

Desktop all the way, with the same price as gaming laptop , you can have a really good desktop for gaming i have both and only use the desktop

It has to be a desktop or even a console, but i have to say Laptops have come a long way, my mate has one that has Twin Graphics cards in it, and runs games amazingly, that been said though, it had an amazing price tag !! :-/

I choose desktop because of the fact that it in the long run will be cheaper if you initially spec it out right

Desktop, each and every component can be upgraded. Unlike a laptop.

hey fellows

im trying to buy the gaming laptop but can't decide most of the people are saying dell some said alienwear which one should i go for ???

I once had a gaming laptop, turned out to be a horrible investment. The dedicated 8600m GT gave out due to the classic microsolder factures. (My laptop manufacturer did not take part in the class-action lawsuit against nvidia and I was past the warranty period) Now I have a proper gaming desktop, and a basic netbook for simple tasks.

personally i prefer an intense gaming pc to play on laptops can be fidgety and under powered

Back