Game freezes/crashes

zanic111

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have a slim ps2 built with a matrix infinity that i upgraded 1.54,

It loads games fine but seems to be on ea basball very slow to load and crashes and we play lots of fifa street and in beetween goals crashes not all the time but when it feels like it?

Is this modchip bad or laser?

And ideas?

Thanks

hi
dont think it will be the chip.
try using better quality discs IE : verbatim ,ritek dye discs
also if you burn the discs at a slower speed maybee this will help.
hope this helps

using ritek :) used the same on my ps2 fat but this slim for brother.

Ritek go5 dye something like that :(

zanic what prog are you using to backup these games, i used to use diskjuggular a while back and had this problem, also what speed are you burning them at as this can make the diffrence.

using nero at 4x never had problems before on my fat ps2 this is a new slim ps2 modded seems only on some games mainly sports

I use disk juggular never have a problem, try copying them at a slower speed. i've used nero before and my games where sticking, also i use ritek

does this chip support ea games? because some dont and you can have probs when there is nothing wrong with the install.

have you fitted the protection pcb for the laser?

burn ur discs at x2 and they should work fine

the seller said it supports and has extra board fitted for laser protection
????

strange

Then you most likly have the DMS chip, what happens when you press sqaure when the ps2 is starting up (before the music and cubes come on)

If it comes up with a menu have a look what make it is, there might be a later version of the software you can use with the chip

config menu is triangle and circle but says nothing in there about EA games :(

ea games are total bitches with swap magic and many chips sell the bugger and get an xbox

violentj said:
ea games are total bitches with swap magic and many chips sell the bugger and get an xbox

my dms4 lite works 100% with my slimline ps2 all games

like you say they've always had problems with EA games even back with the neo chips

i got the same problem with one of my ps2's, only its with tiger woods 2006.
tried different discs and adjusting laser with no luck so i would say its a chip problem. my chip is a messiah 2 . got another older ps2 with a messiah 1 and that runs it no problems. try pro evo 5 its a better game anyway

Back