Fury VS Wilder (rematch)

Can't wait for this one,hope it's not a draw again.
two top fighters fighters fighting each other is getting a rarity of late.
The money should be amazing for this fight ,but it seems like its two genuine champions buckling down for the win...not just the money.

Olufemi Adebimpe

@femiadebimpe

Of his over 40 fights, only less than five of Wilder's opponents were in the top twenty ranking in the ranking of most boxing bodies. He only cherry picked Tyson Fury in their last fight because Fury was in bad shape & had been out of boxing for three years

Fury has felt Wilder’s power and hopefully he will be more careful this time and just outbox him like the last fight and win on points.
Wilder will need a knockout or Tko to win imo.

Can’t see any outcome other than a Fury win. He should have won last time in most people’s eyes and I think he won’t leave any doubt this time.

Looking forward to this one, was not much of a Fury fan as he came through the rankings to be honest.

He gained my respect after Klitschko and then getting up in that 12 round against Wilder.

For me hes the best out there now he should outbox Wilder but Wilders punch power means he is in the with a punchers chance. He then out boxes Joshua for me.

Always been a fan of fury, he learnt boxing the way not many others did not.
(bare knuckle fighting)
Fans really buy into the personality of boxers and fury is one hell of a character. Considering the turmoil that he was able to get himself out of and become better person has to be respected. Along with his boxing style and the ability to take a big hit on the chin and also deliver he is the best, or very close to it. I do think he won the last fight that was called a draw with Wilder. There is no doubt AJ is an over promoted, over hyped fighter.
World champion fight most will be calling “world champion” will be Wilder VS Fury.
Not barry hearns one man band.

But certainly looking forward to rematch, was great fight.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
For me AJ has fought the better boxer’s out of the three of them but to be the best you have to beat the best of your generation and neither of them have achieved this yet. When they fight each other at least twice then we will see which one of them is the best imo and that’s If it ever happens.
Anyway Boxing is ruined by to many governing bodies,
TV Rights and promoters nowadays imo

I'd be very surprised if AJ had the gonads to face Wilder. Aj could box all night but Wilder would get to him at some point. Ruiz just was not mobile enough to get to him this time round Wilder would.

I do think Fury and AJ will meet at some point.

The reason Wilder has no attraction to the US boxing fan is simply because he cherry picks bums purely to hang on to his belt.
If he were ever to lose it it would be virtually impossible for him to get back in.

Wilder has bent every rule in the book not to fight his mandatory No1 contenders were as AJ will be stripped if he doesnt fight Pulev then Usyk.
Who will Wilder fight after Fury ?? Who is his mandatory ? Whyte ?. I hope he loses and disappears into the top 10 queue. Overrated and will get knocked out for sure

The reason Wilder has no attraction to the US boxing fan is simply because he cherry picks bums purely to hang on to his belt.
If he were ever to lose it it would be virtually impossible for him to get back in.

Wilder has bent every rule in the book not to fight his mandatory No1 contenders were as AJ will be stripped if he doesnt fight Pulev then Usyk.
Who will Wilder fight after Fury ?? Who is his mandatory ? Whyte ?. I hope he loses and disappears into the top 10 queue. Overrated and will get knocked out for sure

Agree with all that mate. But his chin is good and his punch power has enough to send anyone in the top ten to sleep.

Yes wilder has only fought bums, but that's not his fault. Al Hayman (Think that's his name) the promoter doesn't want to lose his golden goose, hence him only fighting bums. Wilder hasn't fought his mandatory challenger once IIRC. Whyte should've fought him long ago, but he's dodged him. Wilder hasn't actually been hit on the button by anyone good, so for me his chin is still unknown.

Fury will likely box at range, and just dance around him and take a points win. Wilder however does have devastating power, so if he catches fury it could well be night night. AJ to likely face the winner then, and that'll be a box office smash, I can already hear Hearn racking up the ££ signs, and selling it to sky as PPV for £30 a pop.

But as AJ proved in his 2nd Ruiz fight, and Ali did all his career, a boxer will always beat a slugger 1 punch wonder. Ali fought some far better and heavier ko merchants than Wilder.

You cant knockdown what you cant hit".

Once a 1 punch wonder realises it's not gonna happen they have no plan "B". AJ stood off and Ruiz's outstretched bombs failed.
Look how many bums Wilder fought and was 5-6 rounds behind before ko'ing them. Cleverer and craftier more skillfull boxers would have jabbed the jaw off him.

I dont even rate him in any top 10 rankings. To be the best you must fight the best something he clearly does not want to do.

But as AJ proved in his 2nd Ruiz fight, and Ali did all his career, a boxer will always beat a slugger 1 punch wonder. Ali fought some far better and heavier ko merchants than Wilder.

You cant knockdown what you cant hit".

Once a 1 punch wonder realises it's not gonna happen they have no plan "B". AJ stood off and Ruiz's outstretched bombs failed.
Look how many bums Wilder fought and was 5-6 rounds behind before ko'ing them. Cleverer and craftier more skillfull boxers would have jabbed the jaw off him.

I dont even rate him in any top 10 rankings. To be the best you must fight the best something he clearly does not want to do.
Was the only way AJ could beat Ruix mate he didnt dare trade, did what he had to, to get the belts back.

My point is Wilder can move and is quicker than a 20 stone Ruiz he would catch up with AJ has he did with Fury. AJ does not have Fury's chin hes got Frank Brunos chin. AJ v Wilder dont see it happening.

Surely I can't be the only one that thinks Tyson Fury is a complete choob and will not last the distance?
I don't think Wilder is anything other than a flat-track bully, but can't see Fury getting any change out of him in this fight.
Wilder to win by KO in Round 4-6 for my money! 👊

If I were to bet on it I would take Fury on points the same way he beat Klitschko.

The only thing is, Wilder has that punch and while you carry this you are always in a fight up to the last bell.
How many fights has Wilder been behind on the scorecards then gone on and won with a KO ?.
Personally I think both are overhyped and certain heavyweights of the past would have made short work of both.
I always liked Lennox Lewis and for me he would (on his day) made easy work especially of Wilder.
My question is,
With a country and population the size of the USA (plus some huge guys) and with large deprived areas and the huge possible payday boxing offers then why isn't there a conveyor belt of young American heavyweights out there all chomping at the bit ?.

In the UK we seem to have a wealth of heavyweights probably too many but the yanks only have Wilder who they show no interest in with half empty arena's.

Boxing has been spoilt by ppv and promoters alike all holing on to their prize asset for 1 big payday and sometimes they hang on too long the public's imagination wilts away similar to Mayweather v Pacquiao far far too late in their carer's for anyone to give a toss.

If I were to bet on it I would take Fury on points the same way he beat Klitschko.

The only thing is, Wilder has that punch and while you carry this you are always in a fight up to the last bell.
How many fights has Wilder been behind on the scorecards then gone on and won with a KO ?.
Personally I think both are overhyped and certain heavyweights of the past would have made short work of both.
I always liked Lennox Lewis and for me he would (on his day) made easy work especially of Wilder.
My question is,
With a country and population the size of the USA (plus some huge guys) and with large deprived areas and the huge possible payday boxing offers then why isn't there a conveyor belt of young American heavyweights out there all chomping at the bit ?.

In the UK we seem to have a wealth of heavyweights probably too many but the yanks only have Wilder who they show no interest in with half empty arena's.

Boxing has been spoilt by ppv and promoters alike all holing on to their prize asset for 1 big payday and sometimes they hang on too long the public's imagination wilts away similar to Mayweather v Pacquiao far far too late in their carer's for anyone to give a toss.
Couldn't disagree with any of these comments, especially with your appraisal of the heavyweights. I think it also applies to other fighters at other weights...and society as a whole. I think it's the world we live in. Everyone has a highlights reel on youtube that makes them look like a worldbeater...regardless of the quality of opponent, and what the rest of the fight was like. Five or six 10 second clips doesn't necessarily tell the same story as watching the full fight. It's the same as Instagram where fiction replaces fact!!!

I think if you put Wilder, Fury and AJ into the heavyweight division in other eras, they would be classed as distinctly average...but they are in the here and now and are pulling in megamoney. I think if you had a 28yo Larry Holmes in this division now, he'd clean house in no time.

Then you have the promoters hyping their fighters up beyond all recognition. It's bananas, but as long as punters buy the PPVs, then it will continue.

Re: the USA question, I wonder if it's about exposure.
Has the move for the big fights going to PPV prevented young potential boxers from deprived areas getting exposed to the sport and hence not 'following the dream to become the next [insert name]'?

Couldn't disagree with any of these comments, especially with your appraisal of the heavyweights. I think it also applies to other fighters at other weights...and society as a whole. I think it's the world we live in. Everyone has a highlights reel on youtube that makes them look like a worldbeater...regardless of the quality of opponent, and what the rest of the fight was like. Five or six 10 second clips doesn't necessarily tell the same story as watching the full fight. It's the same as Instagram where fiction replaces fact!!!

I think if you put Wilder, Fury and AJ into the heavyweight division in other eras, they would be classed as distinctly average...but they are in the here and now and are pulling in megamoney. I think if you had a 28yo Larry Holmes in this division now, he'd clean house in no time.

Then you have the promoters hyping their fighters up beyond all recognition. It's bananas, but as long as punters buy the PPVs, then it will continue.

Re: the USA question, I wonder if it's about exposure.
Has the move for the big fights going to PPV prevented young potential boxers from deprived areas getting exposed to the sport and hence not 'following the dream to become the next [insert name]'?
interesting point of view, we will never know about past heavyweights. Still say Fury wins the rematch easily. He should have won the first one too. I didn’t much like him before the first Wilder fight but respect to him for getting in the 12th last time.

Back