Further help Guy's

Teeny

Inactive User
Reaction score
How can i disable the pin, i have a 2000 when i go into tv on demand i manage to actually get to watch it with out it asking for a pin code, only this would help with my last problem (remote not responding) cos at least you can watch the movies because of no remote cannot enter pin code,would help if i could disable it.

I don't think you can disable the PIN, after 9PM you do not have to enter a PIN for any of the films. Only before 9PM if the film is above a PG rating will it ask for a PIN.

That was the case a few months back I am not sure about now.

O right, but i'm sure it was after nine when i tried, but i'll check that out thanks.

Hi
why not set the pin to 1111 or 0000 or 9999
1 of those numbers should be obtainable without remote
Try em all 1 will work
entering the pin on box use arrow button
eg up right 4 times or down right 4 times

yeah thats wot i thought but it does'nt, i'd already tried that and the pin is already set at 1111. thanks anyway

I think you want to go to the parentall control section and then goto settings. Check and see PPV or VOD section and you can set which ratings have to ask for PIN. I think you box is set so that it doesn't ask PIN. Would have checked for you properly but am away at work and no access to me cable.
hope that helps

It is defo there in settings

crackerchalk said:
Hi again
What color remote do u need
Ive a few spare all blue though

Ahhh crackerchalk your so kind, but, so do i...lol... it's not having a remote that is the problem here, it's the box not responding to a remote, (see my other thread, more help please guy's) so if all else fails, ok, have to do it manually, the problem is that you can't watch ppv because it asks for a pin code which you put in the numbers without a remote, the front controls do not work this part. But i like i said at the beginging i've got another box where it does'nt ask for pin, so there must be a way to disable the pin activation (the other box with no pin, the remote works fine..lol...)

imrane said:
I think you want to go to the parentall control section and then goto settings. Check and see PPV or VOD section and you can set which ratings have to ask for PIN. I think you box is set so that it doesn't ask PIN. Would have checked for you properly but am away at work and no access to me cable.
hope that helps

It is defo there in settings

Thanks tried this, but no different, you have the option to lock or unlock channels/rating/times etc... which is set to no program lock, but still asks for a pin.. thanks anyway

Hi again
Try this boot up in eng menu
Go to System Information page
Check IR output is disabled
and IR input set to Front
If they r wrong remote wont work

tina said:
How can i disable the pin, i have a 2000 when i go into tv on demand i manage to actually get to watch it with out it asking for a pin code, only this would help with my last problem (remote not responding) cos at least you can watch the movies because of no remote cannot enter pin code,would help if i could disable it.

have you red this ?

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58490

Back