Funcard method on DI4000N HELP

Jimbo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Finally, yesterday my replacement box arrived. I have been trying to use the Funcard method to program my NetId, but each time I put in my funcared absolutly nothing happens. I have had the red jumper off enough times, NetID now reads 09999 and the frequency reads the default 666.750 - which is actually correct for Bournemouth..... But definatly NO reboot

What am I doing wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!

The Box is a D4000N, I am told the IRD and BK are correct, EX CW area (like I said Bournemouth) NetID=41043 I put this into prjNETID to write my Inteep. used negraedit to write exteep and used hex file included with tut for Flash.

Please Help !!!???? Dont know what else to try

did you use a blank rom10 image

have you tried this one.

Cheers Garry

Blimey mate, quick response, cheers

Used an image I had used for writting TIt2's
What do you mean by blank ?

I think that is the same image that I used, give me a couple of minutes Garry and I will give it another go

Funcard Method on a DI4000n

Still NOWT,
I dont suppose it could be my Funcard. I am not sure what it is !!??
It says Purple Galaxy Fun on the front and I just use the Funcard setting on my Infinity USB progger to read and write it !
From what I have just read, it looks like My Funcard hasnt got a big enough Exteep - can somebody please confirm ???
Also I have attached the files I have been using and would appreciate somebody having a quick look
getting a little pissed off now ..............Jimbo

the files look ok to me m8, {dont think the purple galaxy has a big enough ext eep] you will need atleast a funcard4

the 4000's are a bit tempramental with images m8, {if i was you i would use an image with only 2 07 tiers instead of 3

if you get blacklisted in the e/menu, "more than likely it wont work"

Cheers Benny59, I will get myself a new Funcard and try again. Dont suppose you could point me in the direction for a image that only has the 2 07 tiers, as this is all I have.

This Blacklisting in the e/menu sounds a bit fatal, anything i can i do to avoid this ?

and finally, would I have a better succsess rate maybe trying to jtag ????? this Funcard Method seems a little hit and miss.

many thanks Jimbo

you can't set the netid via jtag on a 4000 - you will need to use a serial / scart adapter if the funcard method won't work.

Jimbo said:
Cheers Benny59, I will get myself a new Funcard and try again. Dont suppose you could point me in the direction for a image that only has the 2 07 tiers, as this is all I have.
This Blacklisting in the e/menu sounds a bit fatal, anything i can i do to avoid this ?
and finally, would I have a better succsess rate maybe trying to jtag ????? this Funcard Method seems a little hit and miss.
many thanks Jimbo

leave the funcard in the box for a few hours m8 {see what you get}

Last edited:
Cheers Benny59, your a gent and a scholar

ordered a new fun4 from Jabs, and while I was at it got a scart to serial adaptor just incase !
All we can do is wait for Postie

Back