Fullscreen problem

hnj

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi i have just formatted my dell laptop inspiron 6400, and the screen is not full size so i right clicked on screen and went to properties and then settings and tried screen resolution but it doesnt go full screen

ANY HELP APPRECIATED!

thanks hnj

Just reinforcing what nara has already said...

Type support.dell.com into your browser, either allow the site to discover your service tag, or manually enter the model, the select the correct driver for your video card (check the type in control panel).

It might be an idea to grab all the relevant drivers for each device...touchpad, audio, usb, patches etc.

Also, if you're feeling brave, you can also update the BIOS version while you're there.

its weird because i got another inspiron 6400 that i have and when i format that i have no problems and so me things go like sound card which i sort out easily

i tried to download some video drivers but they just dont work?

is there any other way? like in the bois setting?

HNJ

Dell doesnt come with generic parts. for example graphics, some 6400 come with nvidia whereas others come with ati and some come with intel. thats why when you put a model number into the support area it comes up with all the above drivers. check any stickers regarding this on the laptop, if there arent any just download all three and give it a try. it does sound like driver issue as i had similar problems with dell.

is it that the two sides are black?

yh both sides are black and a bit on the top and bottom, the weird thing is that on the other one i format it and only need to sort out sound card, the video works fine?

thanks hnj

i had this problem and i sorted it by going into "all programs" i think. Its not the display / resolution part. I haven't got the lappy here to check out what i done but it was definitely a Dell program on the computer that just needed changing,nothing to do with drivers etc.As soon as get hold of the lappy i'll have a look and let you know

im not 100% sure but i think it may be quickset! as i have got this and i thought i would try something on that today and will let you know

and please charlie let me know asap would really appreciate it!

thanks hnj

just fixed it!

i installed intel drivers under video from dell website and then i could adjust the display properties!

THANKS FOR THE HELP

Back