fujitsu laptop format not working

markovgy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all..
got a friends laptop that had few problems.. likely to be trojans.
i've installed norton 360 an encountered a few problems which norton seems to have sorted out
i then installed ccleaner and run this to find another 450 or so issues which appear to be sorted.

The main problem with the laptop is the speed and constant pop ups. Pop up blockers dont work.
I've tried just using firefox as IE is known for its pop ups but this doesnt help. I even get pop ups which wont close sometimes.

Decided the most sensible solution would be to format the machine. I have the original recovery CD but this is were i get stuck! :( i've formatted a fair few machines in my time and never come across this.

When i boot thru cd and the disc runs. the first menu u get to reads something along the lines of
press enter to continue
press r for repair
press F3 to quit

it is here that i'm stuck the KEYBOARD just doesn't work which confuses me lol. As the keyboard initially works to 'press any key to boot from cd' but then all of a sudden it stops.

Any ideas?

nope i dnt have any usb keyboards and unfortunately i have no idea of knowing for sure if its the system or the keyboard

tried it it doesnt want to no.. it wont format however i try
even tried to install xp on top of it and it errored missing some file
trying another disc soon just burning it now

keyboard is most likely ok. Give it a clean and inspect to make sure no keys are stuck down. Also go back into windows and run notepad. Press all keys on keybd. Any keys that don't work will be seen.

Make a copy of the recovery disc and try that.

yes the keboard normally appears fine.. and i've tried an alternative disc which i am 100% sure works it jus wont on this machine. Something is seriously affecting the system which norton and ccleaner cant pick up

just run norton and it advised me to restart upon restarting i got this error

windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
<Windows root>\stystem32\hal.dll.
Please re-install a copy of the above file

just realised it was because it was trying to run windows set up which i had tried earlier
this was the file that was missing

ive managed to boot the system already on there again tho im going to try avg soon thnks

Last edited:
Back