fujitsu laptop format not working

markovgy

Inactive User
Reaction score
hey all..
got a friends laptop that had few problems.. likely to be trojans.
i've installed norton 360 an encountered a few problems which norton seems to have sorted out
i then installed ccleaner and run this to find another 450 or so issues which appear to be sorted.

The main problem with the laptop is the speed and constant pop ups. Pop up blockers dont work.
I've tried just using firefox as IE is known for its pop ups but this doesnt help. I even get pop ups which wont close sometimes.

Decided the most sensible solution would be to format the machine. I have the original recovery CD but this is were i get stuck! :( i've formatted a fair few machines in my time and never come across this.

When i boot thru cd and the disc runs. the first menu u get to reads something along the lines of
press enter to continue
press r for repair
press F3 to quit

it is here that i'm stuck the KEYBOARD just doesn't work which confuses me lol. As the keyboard initially works to 'press any key to boot from cd' but then all of a sudden it stops.

Any ideas?

second thought,It seems like hardware,
try download a program called memtest86, let it run for a hour what it does it load it with patterens and keeps doing so to you stop and look for failures. The reason it need to run for a hour or more is to produce heat.It what I call a heatup test

Have you tried booting from bootdisks; Spotmau, ERD or UBCD ?
Or if you can get hold of a USB Floppy Drive boot from a win98 startup disc.
You can Format your drive from any of these.

the recovery disk uses the xp on a partition on the c drive
if that is corupt u will have problems
best is to get a copy of xp
set the laptop to boot from cd
boot from cd the remove partition
put on a new partition and then format as ntfs
and install new windows os

Back