Fuel protest, next one planned and confirmed

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
got this from
http://www.transaction-2007.com/phpBB2/index.php

Yes there is. Tuesday 27th May 2008 Park Lane London. Are you coming or is it just a rumour ? Only joking.

Thats the next date. MAKE IT KNOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready, and keep your eye on the site.

there was one on 29th, dont know if you see on the news all the lorrys... the site feels that the gerneral motorist should be to showing more support so will be a full on protest on this day... !

This is a worthwhile cause lads, lets admit it we cant all keep footing these huge amounts of tax/duty on fuel no more no matter what you drive.

worth joining there site, can we even link it at all ?

now i dont want no, "this is bull" comments.. bla bla bla, if you dont think it will work or aint intrested then dont reply,.... simple. any shatty comments i will request to be deleted.

cheers

got this from
http://www.transaction-2007.com/phpBB2/index.php

now i dont want no, "this is bull" comments.. bla bla bla, if you dont think it will work or aint intrested then dont reply,.... simple. any shatty comments i will request to be deleted.

cheers

i dont see how protests are going to do any good.
do you honestly think the gov give a **** about a couple of half arsed protests? we protest they ignore it.. fuel prices continue to rise.
i totally agree that price of fuel (or the rather taxation on fuel) is extortionate. The sad fact of the matter is that the UK economy is so heavily dependent on the revenue from fuel taxation that nothing short of a fookin peoples revolution is going to make them reduce it.

i dont see how protests are going to do any good.
do you honestly think the gov give a **** about a couple of half arsed protests? we protest they ignore it.. fuel prices continue to rise.
i totally agree that price of fuel (or the rather taxation on fuel) is extortionate. The sad fact of the matter is that the UK economy is so heavily dependent on the revenue from fuel taxation that nothing short of a fookin peoples revolution is going to make them reduce it.

then stand and be counted in may then, if enough people stand and go to these protests... then it might cause the goverment to fear a revolution...! fook sake how much longer is everyone gonna take it up the arse before they say enough is enough...

ok, protests prob wont do much to begin with but each time they will gain more support.... since the protest on 29th being on the news support on the site from new members has been overwhelming, and are all in favour of action. :Cheers:

agreed with above.. dont see it making any difference.. imo Mr Brown doesnt care.. and neither do other politicians..

I remember when I first bought my car it was 53 pence per litre.. and this is not far back..

There are countries in the world who give subsidies to public, despite the fact they have a budget deficit.. and I was shocked to see that a litre petrol costs 32p and about 60 odd pence goes to the goverment and rest is 17.5% VAT..

and Im being realistic.. I dont think that it would ever come down the pound mark. :(

agreed with above.. dont see it making any difference.. imo Mr Brown doesnt care.. and neither do other politicians..

I remember when I first bought my car it was 53 pence per litre.. and this is not far back..

There are countries in the world who give subsidies to public, despite the fact they have a budget deficit.. and I was shocked to see that a litre petrol costs 32p and about 60 odd pence goes to the goverment and rest is 17.5% VAT..

and Im being realistic.. I dont think that it would ever come down the pound mark. :(

this is exactly my point, you've given up before you have even started ffs..!

if you dont try, nothing is going to change and before long it will be drive or eat...! you choice, sit back and think "i'll let someone else protest, bollocks to that" then the next person does the same, an nothing gets done. or stand up an say, ive had enough of this... the goverment were put in power to help run the country for the protection and prosper of the people... not to rip us off and put us all on the breadline.. this isnt just about the fuel in ur tank, its about haulers prices going up, have you not noticed your shopping bills going up slowly but steadly over the last yr..?

sorry if it seems like a rant but no one seems to have the balls in this country no more to show the prats in power that we... the PUBLIC put them there...! take a leaf out of the french's book.... do the stand for this shite... nope didnt think so, they shut the ports down for weeks at a time.. what do we do, sit behind our tv's/pc's an cant be bothered to act, just take it up the one way street all the time.

I WILL be there an so will many others

then stand and be counted in may then, if enough people stand and go to these protests... then it might cause the goverment to fear a revolution...

m8 the government will never have to fear a revolt.
40% of Britain to British to revolt (or complain about anything really), 40% is too fucking stoned to be arsed and the other 20% who might take some kind of action can be ignored.

this is exactly my point, you've given up before you have even started ffs..!

if you dont try, nothing is going to change and before long it will be drive or eat...! you choice, sit back and think "i'll let someone else protest, bollocks to that" then the next person does the same, an nothing gets done. or stand up an say, ive had enough of this... the goverment were put in power to help run the country for the protection and prosper of the people... not to rip us off and put us all on the breadline.. this isnt just about the fuel in ur tank, its about haulers prices going up, have you not noticed your shopping bills going up slowly but steadly over the last yr..?

sorry if it seems like a rant but no one seems to have the balls in this country no more to show the prats in power that we... the PUBLIC put them there...! take a leaf out of the french's book.... do the stand for this shite... nope didnt think so, they shut the ports down for weeks at a time.. what do we do, sit behind our tv's/pc's an cant be bothered to act, just take it up the one way street all the time.

sorry bigman.. didnt want to be negative but was just being realistic.. Ideally.. its good work and it would certainly be appreciated.. I agree with you that we are too lazy and think someone will do, this that and another..

with you on that m8. this country is so lost in so many ways its unbelievable.
you wouldnt mind getting raped with tax so much if we had a decent NHS, education system and police force. But we dont.
we need to take this country back

I've said it before and i'll say it again "We are too lazy" whats the point of starting something if we don't see it through right to the end.
We have done the fuel protest so we should not be talking about it again as the way I see it people that are affected by the protest are people like you and me, it sends the public into a frenzy and panic buying,even fights at the pumps and what have we got to show for it? well over a £ a litre for fuel.
I'm not trying to be negative, I do think something needs to be done, I just feel that the protests did not work before so maybe we need to try something else.

we are a nation of stiff lipped arseholes we just go along with everything that is put in front of us as (rs2ooo16valve) has stated stand and be counted what do u have to lose we are a country of the highest taxes and one word says it all RIP OFF BRITAIN

I also bet you will along with many other rush out before hand a fill up everything you have with fuel.

Everyone has the attitude to this like as long as i am ok f*ck u jack, it happened before and will certanly happen again so you see the only thing a fuel protest will do is increase fuel sales.

I wish it didnt but thats the reality.

i will not fill anything up but in some respects you are right i used to be one of those lazy bas!!!!! who did nothing but as time goes by u start to get pissed off i only wish i could go back 30 years i would get out of this country rapid

a whole nation of armchair warriors, will piss and moan about anything and everything, but god help if they need to get their lazy arses off the setee to do anything about it.

ive had 'fuel protestor' banners in the front and back of my car for nearly a year

what if the government turned round and said 'ok, everyone who turns up will get a voucher that entitles them to 50p/l fuel for a year' you can guarantee the lazy fookers who want everything else done for them would soon be protesting, as they get something at the end of it

fukin country makes me sick

Last edited:
If i remember rightly, when we last blockaded the fuel depots it worked did it not?

Fuel dropped by 10p a litre or whatever. It quickly went back up again but the protest did work.

It is something that is getting drastic now and needs to be done again. The prices round my way are going up at a penny every other day. We already are paying £1.20 a litre.

I'm all for the protest !! I'll be there with me Pura :)

But as stated before the Government will not even blink an eye lid unless it causes mass disruption.

Back