Fuel Protest, Confirmed

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
Demonstration Tuesday 27th May 2008 - Park Lane London

Protest/Demonstration by "TransAction 2007" is to be held in Park Lane, London, on Tuesday 27th May 2008 commencing 10.00am. This event has been authorised by the Metropolitan Police.

Those wishing to take part are advised that the use of motorised transport can be used. ie, Truck, bus, tanker, taxi,car etc - This means everyone can attend!!

Participants are asked to conform to the requests of the Met Police when being marshalled for parking. Overspill parking will be on the A40 into London. You will be advised of this by the Met Police on arrival. Coaches from the A40 to the Marble Arch Rally point are free of charge.

Participants are asked to display any type of banner that can identify them as part of this protest, ie "Fuel Tax Protest", "Dying for a Rebate".

You are reminded that this is a "Lawful Protest/Demonstration" and as such, any person or persons seen acting outside of the Law will be immediately reported to the police and will be ejected from the area.

This event has been arranged for the participation of ALL users of road fuel.

Thanks.

http://www.transaction-2007.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=11209#11209

another f**king useless protest.

That had it right once before when the whole country ran dry - but they gave up too soon.

These 1 day protest a waist time - there relevent people in power will not give a rats arse if you do this 1 day a year.

Bring on the propper blockades - and don't give up this time I say.

That had it right once before when the whole country ran dry - but they gave up too soon.

These 1 day protest a waist time - there relevent people in power will not give a rats arse if you do this 1 day a year.

Well instead of saying "another f**king useless protest" stand up and be fooking counted..!
The numbers expected for this protest alone are above 5000 already, The police are allocating overflow parking on the A40.. they know this one is going to happen.

If the goverment dont listen to peaceful protest then the only option left is to blockade.. BUT if you drive a lorry for a living, Would YOU blockadge knowing full well that VOSA will REVOKE your operators licence with immediate effect ?
Then the price of fuel dont matter coz you cant use your lorry for work anyway, so you couldnt afford it then anyhow.

Pissses me off all these people that are willing to slate the efforts of other but just sit on there own arses..!

in most European countries the cost of petrol is around 1 pound per litre

why do there not do this type of thing on weekend ,,i would love to go but i am working :-(

why do there not do this type of thing on weekend ,,i would love to go but i am working :-(

simple, dont cause much disruption to goverment when there not there... lol

alot of people will be about on a weekday also, the aim is not to disrupt the general public but to get there support and get them onboard.

Alot of people are taking the day of work, including a vast majority who deliver your bread for example

I will be there :D

if I was in London I would have.. F**kin fed up of the rising prices.. I have a diesel and the a full tank has gone up by £9.. pure gutted.. £1.21 pence per litre.. what a f**king joke..

Thats 5000 people that will be ignored for a day ....

If they do something that will get noticed, have an affect like they did when they kept it going for weeks then I would give it my full support.

Some people will always chose to step forward and lead, some will always stay back and be followers. Who is wrong or right isnt important, we all have our different views, but those 5000 will have my respect for at least trying. They certainly arent ignored and i'm sure the protest will get news coverage. Governments are affected by protests, just look at the mess labour are in. Governments who ignore the people will end up ejected.
Good luck to those attending.

I have to agree with you there...

The last one i was involved with at the shell place near chester the blockades where doing there job then it all just broke up and everything went back to normal.. think the leaders were getting threats from all angles.

We all call the French etc but when they dont like something what do they do??? They fetch the country to a standstill and more often than not get heard and things sorted.....

Last protest in London what was it ahh yeah a feckin coffin carried.....

And on one last note most will turn up in gas guzzling cars and wagons erm thats just giving the gov more money for the fuel it will cost to be crawling around the capital the blockades are the best way to go imho....

@ £1.24 a litre of diesel somthing needs to be done, the thing is nothing thats been done before has worked so something else has to be tried and until we can come up with another strategy I for one support the protest as doing something is better than nothing

@ £1.24 a litre of diesel somthing needs to be done, the thing is nothing thats been done before has worked so something else has to be tried and until we can come up with another strategy I for one support the protest as doing something is better than nothing

yes, something does need to be done - but that something isnt to reduce the price of fuel.

Other than that - does anyone have any suggestions?

i know it gone out of control but the chance of them putting it down is not good .its 1.10 here if it goes up any more will sell car and walk lol but in a nice note good luck to the guys who are trying to get fule down to a lower price

yes, something does need to be done - but that something isnt to reduce the price of fuel.

Other than that - does anyone have any suggestions?

Well that is were the problem starts............... do we just want to get the price of fuel down? or cost of living on a whole. I think we tend to forget its not just us motorists that are getting stung its the whole country with high costs of living, the guv would be happy with a simple protest for a couple of days and then drop fuel by 2p a litre and hope it all goes away(which is what happened the last time) BUT what if the whole country decided to come out and speak out about cost of living in general (which would cover fuel anyway)
Well here lies the major set back how do you get GB to strike, speak out and show discontent for the current problems? "general elections!!" I hear but think back about the poll tax, we got the cons out and put in labour and look where we are now talking about how to get them out AND PUT WHO IN!!!! its always going to be the same sh*t just a different hole.
All I can say is lets not give up and support what actions are happening regardless of if you think its insignificant what have you got to loose? keep the petitions/protests comming and lets unite and stand our ground

Last edited:
I think the point I was trying to make was this; why waste time on diesel (for instance) when you can make your own biofuel?

It doesnt appear to be that hard, its a hell of a lot cheaper and a lot cleaner to run. Even the Royal Navy is looking at running warships on cooking oil now.

Eventually, the government will tax it, yes - but moving to fuels like this will take the money away from unstable regions like Iraq. With that done, people wont be held to ransom when the war affects the prices...

I think the point I was trying to make was this; why waste time on diesel (for instance) when you can make your own biofuel?

It doesnt appear to be that hard, its a hell of a lot cheaper and a lot cleaner to run. Even the Royal Navy is looking at running warships on cooking oil now.

Eventually, the government will tax it, yes - but moving to fuels like this will take the money away from unstable regions like Iraq. With that done, people wont be held to ransom when the war affects the prices...

Gov already tax it m8 you are allowed 2500 litre a year then you get taxed on it....Didnt take them long to cotton on to that huh!!

and this is a bad thing because?

would you not prefer 2500 of tax free fuel a year instead of paying the price for diesel at the pump now?

Back