FTP in windows 7 guide...

segel

Inactive User
Reaction score
My proffered way to ftp into my tm 600 is through windows 7. No flashftp for me. I'm sure it would work on other boxes.

How, go to START> WINDOWS EXPLORER > ( IN THE ABOVE ADDRESS BAR, WERE IT SAYS LIBERARY) ENTER: ftp://loginusernamehere:loginpasswordhere@boxiphere, then press enter.

So, for example...If my username on my 600 is root and password is 54321 and ip is 192.168.1.1, the configuration of the ftp would be.

ftp://root:[email protected]

Or if you don't have a password but have a username:

ftp://root:@192.168.1.1

Or just:

ftp://192.168.1.1 (without any username or password)

Now a window will come up asking you for you're username and password, click save.

Now i would just:

ftp://192.168.1.1 , (192.168.1.1 being you're tm-600s ip address) , when ever i want to ftp into my box.

This quick guide has been written as i haven't seen any information on it.

My proffered way to ftp into my tm 600 is through windows 7. No flashftp for me. I'm sure it would work on other boxes.

How, go to START> WINDOWS EXPLORER > ( IN THE ABOVE ADDRESS BAR, WERE IT SAYS LIBERARY) ENTER: ftp://loginusernamehere:loginpasswordhere@boxiphere, then press enter.

So, for example...If my username on my 600 is root and password is 54321 and ip is 192.168.1.1, the configuration of the ftp would be.

ftp://root:[email protected]

Or if you don't have a password but have a username:

ftp://root:@192.168.1.1

Or just:

ftp://192.168.1.1 (without any username or password)

Now a window will come up asking you for you're username and password, click save.

Now i would just:

ftp://192.168.1.1 , (192.168.1.1 being you're tm-600s ip address) , when ever i want to ftp into my box.

This quick guide has been written as i haven't seen any information on it.

i can log into my box but i am unable to edit the CCCa.,cfg which is in var/etc

You cannot edit the file whilst you are using FTP. This is for file transferring.

Copy the file onto your PC. Edit it, and then paste it back into your receiver.

it depends what FTP software you use, i use cute FTP, i right click a file and select edit (or highlight and press Ctrl + enter) then edit the file, and click save, its then saved and FTPd back to its original location on the receiver with a single click

it depends what FTP software you use, i use cute FTP, i right click a file and select edit (or highlight and press Ctrl + enter) then edit the file, and click save, its then saved and FTPd back to its original location on the receiver with a single click

Filezilla can also do this, its open source so free.

FileZilla - The free FTP solution

Back