Do you prefer oven or fried chips?

• FRIED

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • OVEN

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • NEITHER

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
Fried all the way, nice and golden brown. I never do them in the oven, even if they are oven chips lol.

I don't like frozen chips either way. It's convenient but nowhere near as tasty as a freshly cut and fried chip.

I don't like frozen chips either way. It's convenient but nowhere near as tasty as a freshly cut and fried chip.

Have to agree with that

Fried all the way, nice and golden brown. I never do them in the oven, even if they are oven chips lol.

snap, i fried some oven chips by mistake and they where a lot better lol
but you can't beat real spuds cut nice n fat for egg n chips mmmmm

Fresh crinkle cut fried chips with salt, the best.

some ovan chips are not too bad these days though,alot better than the microwave chips in a box :grayno:

Frozen chips of any sort are useless, and can't be arsed deep frying fresh ones anymore, so we tend to nip out to the nearby chippy if we fancy some with a meal.

Neither! But if I have to I guess fried.

Not a fan of chips. I'll eat them but they don't appeal to me at all. Parsnip chips on the other hand!

Hmm going to have some Frozen Chips (fried) with curry sauce on for tea, yum!:proud:

This is true mate but as a convenience we do use frozen chips and it has to be fried.....in the oven dries them out too much

got to be crinkle or steak chips fried with loads of S&V, or i am partial to a scallop now and then,yum, pref on a barm, or some warb's bread well buttered.

I'm going to be controversial and say I prefers frozen fried chips.

My numero Uno is frozen crinkle cut deep fried, then it's chippy chips and lastly the God horrible oven things.

@ Kris, Parsnip chips!? - is that some sort of health thing?

I'm going to be controversial and say I prefers frozen fried chips.

My numero Uno is frozen crinkle cut deep fried, then it's chippy chips and lastly the God horrible oven things.

@ Kris, Parsnip chips!? - is that some sort of health thing?

you are a philistine sir, i like chips the way my parents used to make out of real spuds then leave them soaking in water for a while to do that osmosis's i think. Then fry the hell out of them.

Chips made with Maris Pipers, mmmmmmmmmmm :)

don't know if you folk get them but by us some chippy's do a battered style chip usualy bright orange and bleedin horrid,they hurt the roof of my mouth lol.

They batter chips?

:err:

Sounds like something us Scots would create :)

Prefer fried but the wife chucked out the deep fat frier cause she wants to lose a couple of lbs so i have to make do with oven chips:grrrr:

Back