Front panel buttons

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I recently got hold of some old ondigital boxes (picked up four at the boot sale) with the idea of sticking them around the house in bedrooms etc. None of them came with remotes so I had planned to use them with the front panel buttons - but the front panel buttons are unresponsive on all of them. I can power the boxes up and navigate through the menu to select a channel when I first switch on, then it's stuck on that channel until I power down and reset the box. I could believe one box might be faulty, but four behaving in the same way seems very strange?? Am I missing something obvious, or is this a 'feature' of the latest firmware on these boxes? Two are Nokias, one is a Pace and one is a Pioneer. Would investing in some remotes make the boxes usable? They only cost me £1 each so I have no problem with slinging them and I would rather do that than start investing in remotes if they aren't going to work. Also on the question of remotes, does one type of remote suit all makes as with sky digiboxes, or does each make require its own remote? Never played with ondigital boxes before so sorry if these are basic questions. Thanks for any replies.

They are a pain in the arse the front buttons, not exactly sure what they are there for, I assume its a nokia box.

ebay have a remote ht"p://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-NOKIA-ONDIGITAL-REMOTE-CONTROL-9850T-FREEVIEW_W0QQitemZ5832862994QQcategoryZ15065QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Two Nokias, one Pioneer and one Pace - all with the same problem.

I have Nokia and philips, both machines do not work properly when using front panel buttons, They are both ok when using remote. I recall a friend of mine mentioning that his Pace box also had same problem. It seems to be a basic fault with some early boxes :(

Would an 'All-In-One' remote be useful for trying on these boxes ???

You could check out the supported devices on their websites

Worth a try ??

chrome

ibought a remote control from the pound shop in glenrothes and it works the philips on digital boxes (code 755) the code wasnt listed in paperwork but remote does an automatic scan. its the only remote ive found that works the philips boxes so it may well work for other makes of box.

Back