freq .....services prob on 4010 box.

Billyie

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys...got a 4010 box here..and got two questions....
!) I cannnot get it to except my freq....what i really mean is that when I input the freq. in eng menu (which i know to be the correct freq)......and press "services"..as i should for it to auto tune the Net Id...nothing happens.....any ideas .....?
2) I was certain that the 4010 box can only work in a pure NTL area..(which i am in)..but am i right in thinking this....??
can this box work in say Tw area...hoping not...!!!!

please help....and tell me the prob at 1 above is an easy to fix problem...??

thanks again guys....

Billyie said:
Hi guys...got a 4010 box here..and got two questions....
!) I cannnot get it to except my freq....what i really mean is that when I input the freq. in eng menu (which i know to be the correct freq)......and press "services"..as i should for it to auto tune the Net Id...nothing happens.....any ideas .....?
2) I was certain that the 4010 box can only work in a pure NTL area..(which i am in)..but am i right in thinking this....??
can this box work in say Tw area...hoping not...!!!!
please help....and tell me the prob at 1 above is an easy to fix problem...??
thanks again guys....
On the 4010 in a pure ntl area I'd usually pull the red jump and then put it on stream where it will automatically set the netid and frequency and complete any software updates it may require ....... you can then also reset the pin number from the em.

4010 problem...

Hi mate...how do you mean stream it..would luv an idiots giude to get me thru this...and when you say pull red jumper..do u mean to do the prodedure wiht the red jumper left out of the box...??

Billyie said:
Hi mate...how do you mean stream it..would luv an idiots giude to get me thru this...and when you say pull red jumper..do u mean to do the prodedure wiht the red jumper left out of the box...??
No ... remove it and leave it out for a couple of minutes and then replace it ...... This will restore to box to its virgin state. You can then put the box on stream and allow it to update .......

further info on 4010 prob,,,

Yes..thanks..thats what i have ben doing.....but on entering my freq...i should then press a button called "Services"...and i when i do this nothing happens..i was expecting the box to auto shut down for a second..then auto start up..and do a scan for the net id..which it should set automatically..but when i press "Services"..nothing happens/.....
I have removed red jumper and silver battery to restart this process a few times now....... but nothing..any idea of what to try next..surely there must be way round this that m failing to see..probabrly something very simple....any help greatly appreciated..thanks mate....Billyie

You shouldn't need to set the frequency or even go into the engineers menu - just plug the box in, leave it for ten minutes and it should autoconfigure (provided you really are in a pure ntl area)

never heard of that....

Ok Mate....but dont know how you would come to that conclusion.... if it worked for you like that..good..but afraid not here..... definately by the rule you need to put in the freq..press "services"buton and it will then update ..and find Net ID....never heard of it doing it any other way...... maybe a forced update..but def not by just turning on....infact this box did get some time just left on.. cos i got called away.....it was flashing error 12 when i came back,,,..which i believe is related to not finding network...hence net id......but if you have any other help..please let me know.....Thanks Billyie

When you press the services button hold it until the writing at the bottom of the em dissapears, then the new frequency is stored.

4010 freq problem....

hi guys..got it working here..but embsarressing...... had the main cable feed plugged into the aerial in socket, with a co axial plug.....but of course ..should have had an F plug on it..and the cable feed should have been plugged into the F plug socket for "cable in"...what a wolly...sorry for this pathetic mistake..

Billyie said:
hi guys..got it working here..but embsarressing...... had the main cable feed plugged into the aerial in socket, with a co axial plug.....but of course ..should have had an F plug on it..and the cable feed should have been plugged into the F plug socket for "cable in"...what a wolly...sorry for this pathetic mistake..

lol ..... pmsl :Dunce:

At least you come clean about it ........:)

Back