Freq change??

wilko

Inactive User
Reaction score
Freq change??//ip address

i have a cloned 250 the last few days it has started to disconnect every hour or so.Im in leic pur ntl read in cablguys post of frequencys changing in my area!!
still get on line but prob with above,should i change to new freq?do i do this by just changing in 192 page and press apply.or go down same route as in tut ,change apply ,hyper terminal ect
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Just change it in the web interface and click apply.

Regards

cheers ! will do that do you think that was the reason for continued disconections ?

every hour i have to reboot my modem to give me an ip address ! it gives me a 192 address for first few seconds then says invalid ip and changes to a 86.***** address and sub net mask and gateway are different too!
worked fine up untill recently any ideas lads as to reason?

it works for about an hour and then nothing !!!!

have you been swapping ur modem between two machines? could it be ur mac is dead?

no tried a few macs same prob connect ok ip changes then diconnects and have to reboot

yea ther been some strange things happening lately, got a m8 lives the next street down from me so he is in my ubr ( i double check just incase) so i did a 4200 for him and it work for 2 days then it stop and wont go back online so i took back my house and it worked and still is. so took a 4100 that i had been using for a while back over to his house smac his pc and clone his router then hook up the modem and guess what.... it work for 2 days again and stop wont go back online @ his house so took back to mine and guess what... it connect on the first try so i decided try a 5100... ooh by the way he has a subbed 5100 which goes back online straight away @ his house when mine fail, so anyway though i try my 5100 and blame the rest failing on his maplins wires and subbbed works becoz its newer and stronger tuner so my 5100 must work. so smac his pc and router again then hookup my 5100 and all was well again and guess what again...work for about 2 and a half days again and then stop and it wont go back online unless i change the mac then it runs again for about the same time then stop but his subbed runs flawlessly and once again when took the 5100 to my house if work flawlessly and still is. im completly stump.. its as if the cc know he is running a clone and shut it down

weird !!!!
like i say was giving ips out ok until last week !

yea ther been some strange things happening lately, got a m8 lives the next street down from me so he is in my ubr ( i double check just incase) so i did a 4200 for him and it work for 2 days then it stop and wont go back online so i took back my house and it worked and still is. so took a 4100 that i had been using for a while back over to his house smac his pc and clone his router then hook up the modem and guess what.... it work for 2 days again and stop wont go back online @ his house so took back to mine and guess what... it connect on the first try so i decided try a 5100... ooh by the way he has a subbed 5100 which goes back online straight away @ his house when mine fail, so anyway though i try my 5100 and blame the rest failing on his maplins wires and subbbed works becoz its newer and stronger tuner so my 5100 must work. so smac his pc and router again then hookup my 5100 and all was well again and guess what again...work for about 2 and a half days again and then stop and it wont go back online unless i change the mac then it runs again for about the same time then stop but his subbed runs flawlessly and once again when took the 5100 to my house if work flawlessly and still is. im completly stump.. its as if the cc know he is running a clone and shut it down

Or someone else is using that mac and is knocking him offline...

Or someone else is using that mac and is knocking him offline...
thats what i though @ 1st so instead of changing the mac i just took the 1 was using for months and that went off 2 put it back @ my house and it works straight away and like said he lives the next street from (about 40 houses away) and all 3 modem work for about 2 days then stop but works no problem @ mine so differnately not ubr issue

Back