freezing, so whats the score?

skiv71

Inactive User
Reaction score
i have no probs with signal level (94,42,0) on most channels.

all channels that i have tested freeze regularly (once every 10 mins is common).

I've tried, DW1.6Uk (and 1.6.1), gem 3.4 (with mgcamd 1.16-1.20).

I'm using old tuner driver in DW and i think GEM does by default?

Any ideas?

When one flashes a new image, am i right in thinking only certain areas get updated (unless u do a maxvar).

What could that be the cause?

When i first got my DM500c, i used to get the occasional lockup, but when i changed to the old tuner, the lockups appeared to go.

Are n*l (grimsby area) doing something to make our viewing experience a painful one?

Thanks

Neil

does this happen on all channels or just the premium ones m8 if its just the premium ones i would say it a cam & keys issue

genini2 does freeze with dm500 But UK1.1 is fine thats what i use its very stable too.

PS: if your using a dm 70** use mgCam 1.5 all will be well after that.

I find evocamd better than mgcamd for freezing issues, for me it happens only on some channels including non encypted ones, so I think it is related to a problem on the feed, evocamd seems better able to handle the glitch in the signal imo.

Try it see how you get on, why not download cryogenic's dream plus it is an excellent image with evocamd already installed.

Frenchman

i think the last time i tried evocamd they wouldnt clear, hence using the mgcamd. i see a few posts with people saying gem is freezing... why should that be?

neil

Check the numbers for the signal strength and the frequency at a not so good working channel.

Another vote for evocamd here! I was having problems with cryo's neutrino on the dreambox using mgcamd - swapped to evocamd and problems gone. Like yourself, the channels didn't clear on my first couple of attempts to swap - but on a subsequent attempt everything cleared. Maybe you just need to give evocamd a bit of time

my dm500c has allways froze on a couple of channels.
after switching to cryogenic's dream plus everything seems to be great. and has been for the last 2 weeks.
i would say try that image there is a lot you can change in the menus to get your setup right.

Back