Freezing Problem Solved

gav12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
this was posted by someone else i found this interesting but so far quite a lot of people are saying it works as well

so i thought ill post it here for you people

hope it helps someone out though

hi all
freezing problem solved its so easy but done my head in trying to solve it all u have to do is open the dbox and take out the telephone modem dont ask why but it solved my problem i had no channels at all but have all now

ENJOY

cheers

what do you mean take it out ? like solder iron ? lmfao.....

i can live with it sticking to tell you the truth...i prolly drop hot solder on the board....

ok just done mine it just pulls out thats all

no soldering at all its the telefone at the back that we do not use in the uk

it keeps it a bit cooler and is better and solves a lot of freezing problems about 80 percent

so try it cause it wont hurt as i have done mine easy as pie

cheers

sweet thanks ....might do mine....cheers for the tip

dibbers said:
sweet thanks ....might do mine....cheers for the tip

let us know how you got on m8

mine is good as

cheers

Yer it definatelys works, been doing it on all the dboxes I had....

Hi, before i start removeing the modem are you refering to the nokia or sagem box? just dont want to scrap another box. Thanks.

see this is another reason why i love this site.....
have 7 boxes which i thought had faulty tuners..... 5 of them are now fully working without the modems in them.

Thanks gav12345

treats

your very welcome m8

dtwomac

its for all boxs i believe but they just slot out and slot in as
i have tried to put them back and they go in ok just in case it dont work
but it does as i said easy as pie

there was a guy that said he was getting no channels and he thought he had a dodgy box and he tried it and it worked a treat all channels working without a glitch

cheers

Thanks Gav12345, I have taken it out but was concerned about damageing it at switch on, thanks for the information i will see if it makes any difference and report back later.

WOW What a difference most of the latter f/row stations were jumping like a scud on heat and now perfection, Thanks for the info it will be used in any more aqusistions i make thanks gav12345!!

have just pulled the wires out of the main bord for the phone modem is this ok

dont know about that one m8

its like a pc slot just pulls out thats it

cheers

Yes I saw this on my travels as well, didn't pay much attention at the time but what the hell I took it out anyway.

Cheers Gav.

de_deej

ill have to try this as mine just started to freeze for a fraction of a second

just read it looks like a telphone socket there is only 1 like it dont need a pic for that m8

cheers

You just need to remove 2 screws and 1 plug. It takes 2 minutes. And on my sagem it is positioned above the net card.

de_deej

retro its ok as long as you slot out the correct one m8 it will be ok no problems just let us know how you got on when you have done it m8

cheers

Back