freezing picture

ooooozzzing

Member +
Reaction score
I have a problem with freezing picture every 30mins or so, regardless what image i have installed.
I have had installed Gemini 3.20 - 3.40, and the digital worldz image, latest version cause i have the new tuner.

What could be causing this problem??? i have read it could be the cams or the nagra files, has any body else got this problem??? if so what have you done to correct the freezing.

my mate has an old tuner dreambox and running Gemini 2.9 and he has no problem at all.

I cannot run 2.9 as i have the new tuner, is it possible to add the new tuner driver to Gemini 2.9???

Thanks

Are you using mgcamd? I had problems with mgcamd (admittedly on a different image)which disappeared as soon as I swapped to evocamd - could you give evocamd a go?

On all the images i have been switching between mgamd and evocamd, but it still the same.

I am running the digitalworldz image at the moment, is it possible to down grade the cam, and try an earlier version.

This is starting to p**s me off now, flashed that many images over the last few weeks and still the same.

On all the images i have been switching between mgamd and evocamd, but it still the same.

I am running the digitalworldz image at the moment, is it possible to down grade the cam, and try an earlier version.

This is starting to p**s me off now, flashed that many images over the last few weeks and still the same.

Yes it should be possible to downgrade the cam. I tried about four different versions with the neutrino image and nothing worked until I swapped to evocam.

I know you'll hate me for suggesting flashing and trying another image, but I notice all the images you've mentioned so far are enigma based. Is it worth trying cryo's dream plus ultra and see if a neutrino image suits your box a little better (remembering to swap try newcamd if the mgcamd is still sticking?

I have not tried the neutrino, i will give it a go and see what happens.

Will try it tonight, thanks mate for your help

I have not tried the neutrino, i will give it a go and see what happens.

Will try it tonight, thanks mate for your help

First thing would be to check yor signal and ber when the problems happens, as when they roll out an em to kill cards or update keys it increases noise in cable line, so would suggest a little reading regarding signal strength possibly.

You may find that your signal reduces to around 64/65 and ber off the scale.

If this is you prob then changing image will not help. I personaly have found best results with gemini 3.40 and mgcamd 1.15.

If signal over 95/96 then to strong in my experience, and will cause probs.

That sounds very interesting will give that ago to, thanks sherlock.

If anyone knows of any other solutions please post i will experiment and try them all.
Thanks

That sounds very interesting will give that ago to, thanks sherlock.

If anyone knows of any other solutions please post i will experiment and try them all.
Thanks

Have you tryed digital worldz 1.6 with old tuner? i found this image is best gone past 1 month no freeze no channel break up and good thing is all channel working pefactly.

Had same problem used the old tuner driver and the unit settled down.
You would think that being only three weeks old the dreambox would have the new tuner, unless it has the new tuner and the new driver is crap.
How do you tell which is the new and which is the old tuner.

Well, I think i have the new tuner because i switched to the old tuner driver in the digital worldz image and i lost all channels, when i switched it back hey presto all channels back again.

Also all the older images only have the old tuner driver in, because i get the same message on all the older images, ie gemini 2.7, 2.8, 2.9 .

At the moment my box has now settled down with Gemini 3,20 running evocamd slightly older version.

I have still yet to try devilfish's neutrino image which hopefully will give that a bash over this weekend.

: colors1 Gemini 2.9 is rock solid the only image that has been solid i have two boxs one that has had 2.9 on it since i got the box and my second box thats had lots of images tried on it to try and keep up to date with new images but at the moment it looks like i will have to go back to 2.9 on both my boxes : colors1

Back