Freezing in Edinburgh

gazzajambo

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I have 2 Sagem boxes that are freezing all the time. I have read that if I do the following:

-----
Delete ucode.bin file and rename the 001a u-code file to ucode.bin.
Upload it.
CHMOD 755 Then reboot
-----

my freezing problems will be solved. Can someone tell me where to get the 001a u-code file and what is CHMOD 755 ?

Also if anyone happens to have the new service file settings for PremPlus in Edinburgh, I would appreciate a copy.

Cheers

i was having same problem in edinburgh but flashed latest nexgen image and so far works a treat. . . . . . . . . but why am i telling a jambo. lol

Try removing or unplugging the modem board! Theoretically this helps the box not to heat up as much and stops the freezing. If your freezing is really bad, i.e. unwatchable, then it's probably the ucode. How you change them depends on what image you are using. If it's a recent sportster image then it's probably something like BLUE > Sportster/Gav Menu > System Settings > Hardware Settings > Ucode Selection (not 100% sure, not at my box right now).

gazzajambo said:
Hi all

I have 2 Sagem boxes that are freezing all the time. I have read that if I do the following:

-----
Delete ucode.bin file and rename the 001a u-code file to ucode.bin.
Upload it.
CHMOD 755 Then reboot
-----

my freezing problems will be solved. Can someone tell me where to get the 001a u-code file and what is CHMOD 755 ?

Also if anyone happens to have the new service file settings for PremPlus in Edinburgh, I would appreciate a copy.

Cheers

the last time i was freezing in edinburgh it was march and i was stood outside the burke n' hare with no money left.....

never mind we were on the way to the six nations grand slam...

ps try gavs latest keywelt image i use them on 3 sagems 2x -- all ok

Back