Freeview Signal

smitherz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hey,

I once got told that ariel signal boosters do not do much with freeview. I have freeview plugged in upstairs and there is only a few selected channels that i can receive, at times the picture has a tendency to cut out. Now i have a booster plugged in but this is very old and TBH it has never made much difference to terrestrial TV.

Is it worth buying a real dogs bollox booster to help strengthen my signal?

Thanks,

smitherz

i bought an indoor arial c/w booster from argos when it was the old onDigi service and helped me (using it now for the freeview and without it wouldn't get as good a signal ... tried the signal strength test with and without the booster and def get a stronger signal with the booster)

Cheers mate maybe i will buy one to see what it is like.

Got mine from argos and it DOES make a big differance to the strength m8

regards

p@ul

In theory i would say get a proper decent booster im taking it u can take it back like b&q sell em m8 just open it try it if its shite put it back in the box and get a refund i know its a bit of a chore but if it gets it to work.... i get freeview on a shitty 5 quid arieal from wilkinsons lmao its not even made for freeview ive gone to cable now tho coz of the movies etc etc ;) hope this helps

i use a wideband arial i got from wilkinson for £20

when i scan for channels without a booster i dont get as many channels as i do with a booster.

so it must make a big difference.

cheapo one from argos.

Living on the east coast of east anglia, our transmitter is at lower power. I have to share my antenna with 4 other flats and can only recieve freeview with a booster.

The advice on boosters is quite unclear, but I am led to believe that not only do they boost the signal, but any "noise" present aswell, hence not recommended. The true approach is to eliminate noise before the signal travels down the cable (attenuation) to the box is by means of a good aerial or the use of a pre-amp (for an example)

So always best to start at the cheapest - get a booster and test it out (can always take it back for a refund).

Hope this help clear some things up?

It is always better to get the best possible signal you can before you start to add any gain to it. Go for a higher, better, bigger,more, b4 you start to amp it up. Crap in.......... , and better crap out!!!!!!!!!

I got a one for all airal with a gain booster built in, but I find it picks up my remote controls and disrupts my signal.
Anyone else found this?

Back