freeview glitching

cdy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

The TV we have in our bedroom has a 'built-in' freeview receiver. We get all the channels, but it glitches every couple of mins. It's really frustrating if/when watching a show. Until recently we rarely used the TV, so no idea if this has just started or whether its a fault that may have been present since we bought the TV last year. (Over 12 months so out of warranty). I've fiddled around and discovered that 'quality' is 95% but the 'strength' is only 18%. Is this likely to be a prob with aerial and/or cabling or the TV's receiver? (I don;t have another freeview receiver to try)

Many thanks!

Hi cdy,

I've seen a similar problem before on another Freeview receiver...

Try clearing the memory of all transponders/channels (first-time install)... then use the 'Manual Search' option and download all channels from the strongest transponder signals available... your Freeview receiver might be scanning and downloading transponders/channels from another local transmitter that is not necessarily the best transmitter to use...

I hope this helps...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

OK, I guess I'll just keep fiddling with it. See what I can do. It's getting really bad. Glitching every minute or two.

Incidentally, I received a postcard from 'at800.tv' at the beginning of the week advising they're about to activate a 4g mast which will possibly cause freeview interference ......

Incidentally, I received a postcard from 'at800.tv' at the beginning of the week advising they're about to activate a 4g mast which will possibly cause freeview interference ......

That should have been the first port of call is to ring them and see if they can provide a 4G filter to try

Yeah 4g Filter, if the arial is stronge enough

Signal strength only applies to the filter at which frequency it provides the drop off from, Generally though it should be OK

i use saorview the irish freeview and tv in bedroom was unwatchable lately and was thinking aerial off,but its not as tv in kitchen is ok,so i decided in a reset and rescan and now works no glitching or freezing,so just a thought to give it a try.

Back