Freesat Questions!!

gooner71

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just a couple of questions....

As Freesat is FTA does that mean - no card??

If no card then how do they stop things like Champions league matches being watched outside the UK on ITV etc.. ??

Can these channels be scanned and watched on say my technomate 1000ci (obviously not HD) ??

taken from the freesat site

" freesat is a subscription-free service with no contract and therefore you do not need a viewing card "

as to what channels u would get on ur tm 1000 i dont know mate , hopefully someone may be able to help u on that one

If no card then how do they stop things like Champions league matches being watched outside the UK on ITV etc.. ??

Not really to sure they will but aren't most of the BBC/ITV channels transmitted on the spot beam from Astra 2D. This produces a beam that is focused on the UK and rapidly dies away in power as you move away from the UK coverage area.

I'm sure parts of France and Northern Spain will be able to pick Freesat up as well though with large enough dishes. From what I remember the beam also seems to end up covering a large chunk of Iceland and maybe some extreme eastern parts of Greenland.

i would also like to add to this thread on freesat questions , , were the hell can you buy a freesat box ??? .there rarer than do-do shite ! and the usual tossers on ebay are asking £50 over the odds on pre-order.

Argos do home delivery on the SD versions and they are in stock and ready for distribution, you may even get next day service.
As for the Humax HD version not many stocks left in Argos so you have to find one, but you are more likely to buy one from Comet this week. Stores are getting just 3,4 or 5 delivered at a time, my local one had 4 yesterday, although likely all sold by today.
I am sure Argos will get the humax within a week too, its better to visit the stores as they will give more info than the websites.

--i just checked online and my local argos are showing new HumaxHD stock ready for collection, so they must have had delivery today. They are being distributed, you just got to be quick :).

Last edited:
Just found out Dixons have new stock of the Humax HD for distribution. You can order online for delivery, and use FREESAT as your discount code to get 10% discount. Price= 160 less 10% plus delivery, 148 quid.

Back