Freesat HD & Sky from the same dish ?

alanp

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi can anyone help I have an active Sky HD subsciption if I buy a quad LNB can I connect and use freesat HD at the same time from the same dish
Thanks

Doesnt Sky do freesat? Doesnt it offer a cutdown package that you already get from your Sky HD subscription?

No its said to an interactive service (red button) from ITV on Freesat only

ITV HD is a exclusive to freesat only at the present time

Both Sky and BBC/ITV are calling their services Freesat.

But sky doesnt own the name freesat.. Which is why its called Freesat from sky..

Answer to the origional question..

Connect a new wire to you dish, if you already have SkyHD then you should already have a quad on your dish. if you just have the one box then you should have 2 spare ports..

you can then have 2 boxes running from 4 ports :)

In answer to the first post, yes you can just change to a quad lnb and run an extra feed to the freesat box, no problem.

ITV-HD is Freesat exclusive and not on Sky or FreesatFromSky. FreesatFromSky aka FSFS also does not openly offer a solution for High Definition and is only SD, although people have found they can buy Sky HD receivers easily enough without going through sky.

The brand Freesat was copyrighted by the BBC years ago and long before Sky began using it. BBC have confirmed they do not wish to challenge Sky through court for the use of the similar name- Freesat-from-sky. Some feel it causes some confusion but Freesat as a company said they believe it adds to the growth of their brand and ultimately brings awareness that consumers now have great choice & alternatives for digital tv.

Hope that helps.

---edit, sorry guys you both answered as i was typing :)

Thanks Kalipo this is all I was asking can I connect a Freesat box to my dish as well as my sky box and this way I should be able to access ITV HD

In answer to the first post, yes you can just change to a quad lnb and run an extra feed to the freesat box, no problem.

ITV-HD is Freesat exclusive and not on Sky or FreesatFromSky. FreesatFromSky aka FSFS also does not openly offer a solution for High Definition and is only SD, although people have found they can buy Sky HD receivers easily enough without going through sky.

The brand Freesat was copyrighted by the BBC years ago and long before Sky began using it. BBC have confirmed they do not wish to challenge Sky through court for the use of the similar name- Freesat-from-sky. Some feel it causes some confusion but Freesat as a company said they believe it adds to the growth of their brand and ultimately brings awareness that consumers now have great choice & alternatives for digital tv.

Hope that helps.

---edit, sorry guys you both answered as i was typing :)

LOL... Credit to you aswell.. much more information in that post than my lame answer lol...

Back