free wireless router

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
phone vm tell em they are giveing away routers to new customers wot about us paying already they will say it is £40 but just say so i cant have one as i'm already a customer they will send you one in 72 hours

i just did this so go enjoy but be nice about it tho

Last edited:
phone vm tell em they are giveing away routers to new customers wot about us paying already they will say it is £40 but just say so i cant have one as i'm already a customer they will send you one in 72 hours

i just did this so go enjoy but be nice about it tho

What is the Router mate, make/model etc...?

What is the Router mate, make/model etc...?

They are netgear, the wee white ones. Don't know exact model. They put their own firmware on them, which is very basic. I found it more difficult to setup the wireless than I did my own netgear cos of their firmware

Just phoned was basicly told the offer doesnt exist anymore so no wireless router for me lol

In the legal stuff tab on that page it does say that existing broadband customers will have to pay the on e time service charge for the router !

Free wireless router offer: - Wireless enabled equipment required. Available to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: L and Size: XL Broadband services (subject to status and credit checks). A non-refundable, one time service charge of £40 will apply to all new Broadband customers taking our Size: M Broadband service and all existing Broadband customers taking the wireless router. Should you sign up to our Size: L or Size: XL Broadband service and subsequently downgrade to Size: M within your minimum contract period you will be required to pay the service charge for the wireless router, currently £40.

I just tried this, but the woman on the other end goes,

"Only for customers who have 20mb connection"

This is a load of bo*****ks :)

do you think you could take there software of and put the proper firmware on

I got one just by asking for it, I am on 20mb though.

@ #12 I have been looking into removing firmware and putting 3rd party on but no luck yet.

Messa

(Update on the free router) While i was basicly told to fo by one ****** media person i phoned back straight away(this was saturday morning) and was put through to a pleasent person this time and asked again about the router basicly she said if i pay £10 i could have the router she would give me a £30 dicount lol . So i accepted the £10 offer and i had the router yesterday afternoon. The router is a netgear WGR 614 V6 I ALSO FOUND IT VERY EASY TO SET UP so THANKS " dont do it it"ll hurt" much APPERCIATED for the info m8 :Cheers: (ok mine wasnt free but hey i spend a tenner just going through the front door lol )

i phoned up n got one, the lass just said 'if ya ask me nicely i will' so i did n it came 2 days later....yey!

free router

i just called them up just now and thay said it will cost me £40 cos i am not a new custmer. but i seid i am on the 20 meg service and got the tv and stuff. and he's said it's still £40 lol. might try agen the morn or so.

Yeah didnt work for me either, they are quite limited to who they want to give to, it basically is a regional thing.....thats what I was told anyway, oh well never mind!

thanks m80 for that got my one this morning .
great offer.
regards mapman:Cheers:

I just called them and they are sending me 1 out within 3-5 working days. I said that i was told by someone at there call center that i was getting 1 and never heard anything again about it.

I went through to the thinking about leaving department.

Back