free wireless for council tenants

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
There is some good news for council tenants in North Solihull, they will be getting access to free or very heavily subsidised wireless broadband.

This is taking place as part of the area’s attempt to close down the so called digital divide and is being put in place by Solihull Community Housing.

The wireless network will be making good use of the area’s tower blocks; access will be available through the buildings’ electrical power lines, using a CI-Net pre wimax Redkite wireless connectivity system.

However, simply providing a wireless network is not going to do the job entirely, after all some families have no computer!

In a deal with the charitable organisation ReCom, some families will be able to get access to a recycled computer too.

Now some children who have never experienced computing at home will be able to when the scheme starts in June.

found this else where
copied and pasted ( sorry )

There is some good news for council tenants in North Solihull, they will be getting access to free or very heavily subsidised wireless broadband.

Heavily subsidised then it's not free, looks like the hard working people are going to pay for the unemployed,the single parents and the dam righ lazy so and so's again

If this happens then I am totally disgusted, why the f**k should I go out and work hard, pay my bills and tax, so the spongers can skive and get everything for nowt then work on the side.

Stupidity, the person thinking these things up should be shot

F*cking typical! These councils keep hiking up our tax then don't know what to waste OUR money on next.

How many modems will find themselves at bootsales.

I'm not knocking council tenants, most are alright and working. But those one's have probably got internet already.

It might help the hard working,tax paying council tenants in some way...

its no just the unemployed that stay in council house ye know some hard workers stay in them also but cant afford 3 or 4 bedroom semi-detached homes, not all single parents are on teh dole either

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

its no just the unemployed that stay in council house ye know some hard workers stay in them also but cant afford 3 or 4 bedroom semi-detached homes, not all single parents are on teh dole either

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Here here... thats what i meant in a roundabout way...

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

These people probably won't be offered it. They'll be told they can afford to do it themselves.
That's normally the way this country works.

i stay in a scheme which was built for the council some have bought their homes tho, a few round about are on the dole so might be able to pick up their free wireless!!! if i'm not offered it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

i stay in a scheme which was built for the council some have bought their homes tho, a few round about are on the dole so might be able to pick up their free wireless!!! if i'm not offered it

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Gav, are you suggesting the guys on the buroo round your way aren't bright enough to encrypt their wireless ????
They're right clever folk these buroo boys, I bet they've got more cash in their pockets, better cars and more foreign holidays a year than most of us !!!!

They're right clever folk these buroo boys, I bet they've got more cash in their pockets, better cars and more foreign holidays a year than most of us !!!!

some dont holiday dont drive and don't have carpets mate

there is some really shit stereotypes about council house tenants i could tell u what its really like

i aint on the buroo but a lot of folk i know are

Damn its only Solihull, do it up here!! lol

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Last edited by a moderator:
I would hardly call Solihull a deprived area which is why I am surprised they chose it for the free wireless.

north solihull is chelmsley wood m8

it is a rough area man

and yes unemployment is high along with drugs, burglaries and fighting

Back