free windows 10 key

danielp1689

Inactive User
Reaction score
i installed windows 10 today with a bogus key and contacted support to say it wont activate and they give me a new key for free and activated remotley for me .

They will do, its free till the end of July anyway so they won't be bothered.
Try this again in August and I don't think you will get the same support.

For global yes, but if you have specific EA then you can get spesific support

They will do, its free till the end of July anyway so they won't be bothered.
Try this again in August and I don't think you will get the same support.

yep the grace period ends at the end of July and I think its something like £90.00 a licence after that? you can however upgrade a PC to 10 now and get it activated for free, roll it back to your present os and then just roll it forward when you are ready if you wish and the key will still stay (as long as no significant hardware changes have been made).

just backup activation do fresh install restore activation all you need
helps for hardware changes subject to change after july 29th

Last edited:
That's all I did but I have updated now anyway.....

What options would I have with this way with a new PC build ?
Ive not started it yet but probably in august after my holiday
Cheers

only Microsoft knows that answer to be sure guess you will find out soon enough when you build it in August
to guess it i would say it will change but a guess it is

had the same issue. Nightmare. i suggest backup and start from scratch again

When you say 'backup' system, what EXACTLY do you mean by that please?
(e.g. I am currently on Win 10 on my new laptop, so how EXACTLY would you suggest I back it up first if I decide to install Win 8.1 on it?)

why would you want to reverse engineer a new laptop ?

anyhows just backup activation & bobs your uncle

Last edited:
Who would have the skill to reverse engineer a new laptop?, lol.
I would be first in the queue to shake their hand.

well ok then why would you downgrade a new laptop win 10 to 8.1 pretty much same thing

Well I DID quite like 8.1 on my previous laptop and have been more than put off by seemingly all and sundry from Windows 10 these past few months - hence my query as to how to actually backup my new Win 10 'just in case' I revert to an older system such as 8.1 or even 7 - surely that makes good sense?

(Plus still no real reply as to how IN DETAIL please, to backup my Win 10)

hi

i've tried once to backup and activate later and i when i tried to activate never could do it

it didn't worked for me. i had to use kms activation

well ok then why would you downgrade a new laptop win 10 to 8.1 pretty much same thing

Sorry alimac but I need to put this right. Downgrading an os is nothing like reverse engineering. I have reverse engineered many a faulty section of electronic equipment. This becomes necessary when no circuit diagrams are available and involves drawing your own circuit and consulting datasheets. I can only do this on single and double sided boards. A lot of equipment nowadays use multilayer boards and only the big boys with big money can reverse engineer those.
Large companies may possibly do this on their competitors equipment. The military often did it on enemy downed aircraft.

Reverse engineering software would involve disassembly of the code and studying it line by line.

Erasing a hard drive and inserting a windows disc cannot in any way be classed as reverse engineering.

was a figure of speech mate thats all maybe should have just queried why wish to downgrade a new pc OS system

Think you can use a windows 7 key to activate windows 10. I'm sure it used to accept them

Back