Free Upgrade

ice2004

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just had a letter through from Virgin saying "From May onwards we'll be rolling out a programme to increase your speed from 10Mb to 20Mb"

Im starting to like Virgin already!!

Just had a letter through from Virgin saying "From May onwards we'll be rolling out a programme to increase your speed from 10Mb to 20Mb"

Im starting to like Virgin already!!

is the increase for all speeds or just those on 10 mb ice
if it is only for 10 mb then i think you should get 2 mb in protest lol

well before all speeds were increased when it jumped from 512k to 1mb and so on so who knows we may all get free upgrades.

Emmmm i could but i like the thought of downloading a song in 2 seconds, so NO.

And im sure Nozzer said the config file was the same but not 100% sure.

says about a poss modem upgrade may be needed at a cost of £25..!! wots all that about...

Yes this is only a 10-20mb upgrade at the moment.

But have you also seen the fact that if your current modem doesn't support 20mb speeds then you have to get an upgrade at a cost of £25

I recently downgraded from 10mb to 4mb and its a far more stable connection.Ok,it takes longer to get stuff but its not erratic speeds like the 10mb service.

The other speeds ARE being upgraded eventually just not at the moment.

On 1st May 2007 the price for Broadband Size: XL will go up from £35 to £37 per month
The good news is that from May onwards we'll also be rolling out a programme to increase the speed of the Size: XL service from 10Mb to up to 20Mb

That the letter i got this morning.

Just Phoned em up bluffing saying i want to cut of broadband cause its too expensive and the price is goin up. Straight away he gave me half price 10 meg for 6 months and he said when that runs out just ring back and they'll do it again, but i dont know weather that'll work. Still good though, everyone should try it.

l got 10mb for 10 pound a month for six months runs out in june and then l will try again if not hack it and hope 20mb comes

10 POUND Thought mine was a bagain for 17. Ill try or more next time!!

Back