Free Sata cable to the first poster with more than 200 posts.

digicol

Inactive User
Reaction score
North East England, but nowhere near Dutcho!!! Ba
Hi guys, off to the post office tomorrow to post some items, been a little over powered with work and such.

Anyway I have a single SATA cable which is brand new, left over from a build a few weeks ago, this is free to the first person who posts on here, I will cover postage, just post on here and the first person with more than 200 posts gets it.

No flyers please, hence the 200 post count limit. No old cable leechers with 2-3 years+ experience and only 17 posts and such, it just does not cut the mustard in my eyes.

No PM's guys, first post with more than 200 gets it.

I am sure it will come in handy to some of you guys.

Send it here if you like mate...

Cheeky get! :)

PM on it's way...! Ta V Much.

Ahh a sata thread.. just what i wanted..

Anyhoo.. I have a sata Drive 500gb in size.. when plugged into my machine it wont boot up...

Do i need a normal sata cable which i have or a e-sata??

Whats the diference in the 2>???

Sorry for jumping your thread.. looks dead now anyway :)

Ahh a sata thread.. just what i wanted..

Anyhoo.. I have a sata Drive 500gb in size.. when plugged into my machine it wont boot up...

Do i need a normal sata cable which i have or a e-sata??

Whats the diference in the 2>???

Sorry for jumping your thread.. looks dead now anyway :)

If your PSU does not have a SATA power connector on it then you need one of these:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/84334

This will allow you to power up your SATA drive using one of your existing molex connectors, use this along with your SATA data cable and you should be away.

i'v got about 20 of those sata cables lying around and i'm still on ide.
are sata drives any better or do they just connect to the mb differently?

If your PSU does not have a SATA power connector on it then you need one of these:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/84334

This will allow you to power up your SATA drive using one of your existing molex connectors, use this along with your SATA data cable and you should be away.

Aye, cheers for teh response.. I have Sata Sockets on my machine :).. Powerpack also has the poler cable for it :)

No, the harddrive im trying to fit is from an slyhd box.. (now in bin :)) when putting the hdd in the machine it just wont let the computer get past detecting drives..

Just thought sata and esata where diferent and that i may need an esata cable..

Thanks again:)

No mate all SATA cables can be used anyhwere, SATA II can be used with SATA and eSATA and vice versa.

It is only the locking mechanisms that are different.

As for the Sky HDD I have no idea mate.

cheers for the help.. ill look up google to see whats about as im sure its been done in the respect of backing up before a service call..

Cheers again... :)

a normal sata cable will not fit an e-sata drive m8 different connection

a normal sata cable will not fit an e-sata drive m8 different connection

Please explain?

By the way for the OP from my experience it will fit, you just do not use the locking clips, the connection is the same, all SATA cables will fit into any SATA drive, no matter what they are. And that includes an e-sata connection.

Aye, cheers for teh response.. I have Sata Sockets on my machine :).. Powerpack also has the poler cable for it :)

No, the harddrive im trying to fit is from an slyhd box.. (now in bin :)) when putting the hdd in the machine it just wont let the computer get past detecting drives..

Just thought sata and esata where diferent and that i may need an esata cable..

Thanks again:)

Try disabling RAID detection in the BIOS settings.

Well i`am sat here with a sata II cable and it will not fit in my e-sata port,unless i`am doing something wrong,please enlighten me m8
Please explain?

By the way for the OP from my experience it will fit, you just do not use the locking clips, the connection is the same, all SATA cables will fit into any SATA drive, no matter what they are. And that includes an e-sata connection.

Well i`am sat here with a sata II cable and it will not fit in my e-sata port,unless i`am doing something wrong,please enlighten me m8

You need a big hammer and a 10 inch adjustable spanner dave,you of all people should know this,lol.

Back