Free AVG ending 31st May?

bill-5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Free AVG ending 31st May. Is everyone getting this message, is there a free alternative available I don’t fancy paying Norton or any of the others a monthly sub, all suggestions welcome, I thought there would be lots of posts on this unless I’m looking in the wrong place. Bill-5 :Cheers:

Which version do you have, i found version 8 free here
EDIT just found out that its version 7 that is expring because they have released version 8.

sorted

My mistake guys I thought they were turning off avg free, thanks for the info and links. Bill-5 :Cheers:

no worries m8y. according to the reviews on the torrent i sent u it will work. let us know how u get on

I've ditched AVG for now and i'm giving NOD32 a try, so far it's been ok.

The new AVG has the anti-spyware built in which is good :) Still on 7.5 pro at the mo so just waiting for the info on updating that :proud:

Thanks for the link for version 8. Ive installed it and its up and running.

:banana:

Installed it but found it used alot of Memory which tuneup warned me about so ive uninstalled and gone back too good old Antivir which is wat i used when i first had a pc all them years ago and has a good review too :proud:

Friend of mine just found out the hard way! I advised him against installing AVG as I have had an infection using it. He rang me a few days ago to say that his Laptop had been infected!! It might be free but AVG is not very good at stopping viruses.

I have used AVG for about 3 years now ever since Norton slowed my PC to a halt! I have never had ANY infections while using it. I'm not saying your friend didn't have one, just that that isn't my experiance of AVG!

MM

Friend of mine just found out the hard way! I advised him against installing AVG as I have had an infection using it. He rang me a few days ago to say that his Laptop had been infected!! It might be free but AVG is not very good at stopping viruses.

You shouldn't, or your friend should only have one type of software installed.

He should have, at least imo 3 just to be on the safe side.

Whatever it maybe, Mcafee, Nod32, AVG, Kaspersky it'll do...

I've got Mcafee Virus/Spyware, Windows Defender and AVG 8. It does the job perfectly, alerts me if there is any problems...and it easy to use which is great.

You have to remember that there are loads and loads of these softwares around, you just have to pick what ever preference you have...and obviously which has geniune positive feedback/reviews on.

Cheers,
Fizsparky.

Installed it but found it used alot of Memory which tuneup warned me about so ive uninstalled and gone back too good old Antivir which is wat i used when i first had a pc all them years ago and has a good review too :proud:

yes i agree, ive went back to 7.5 for the time being. Might give antivir a go until AVG sort out v8.

i've had avg 8 internet security running on me machine for ages and its perfect :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

must be summit up with you mate cause its great on my server :)

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back