Free AVG ending 31st May?

You shouldn't, or your friend should only have one type of software installed.

He should have, at least imo 3 just to be on the safe side.

Whatever it maybe, Mcafee, Nod32, AVG, Kaspersky it'll do...

I've got Mcafee Virus/Spyware, Windows Defender and AVG 8. It does the job perfectly, alerts me if there is any problems...and it easy to use which is great.

You have to remember that there are loads and loads of these softwares around, you just have to pick what ever preference you have...and obviously which has geniune positive feedback/reviews on.

Cheers,
Fizsparky.

That's ridiculous. You shouldn't have to clog your computer with that much anti-spyware. One should be enough if it's a decent one and not three bad ones.

Yes, it definetly you.

Works faultlessly on mine...:banana:
Its actuall well known for being gash. There was a recent article about it on the Register where one of the bosses had to sat sorry for it being so lame. They also promised to sort out the virus scanning engine as well as the link scanning engine.

You guys need to try something better like NOD or Kaspersky.

Also, Fizsparky - you only need one AV running on your machine. If you look at AVG, it has a link scanner built in that checks all the links on a webpage for you. Norton has something similar as do a few others, so if you do a google search and have both installed - they will each go off and check all the links for you before rendering the page. This slows down your browsing experience quite a bit..

well i must have an updated version cause its the best AV i've had yet

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Back