Frank Lampard quits Chelsea for Inter Milan

Paul-K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has signed a four-year contract with Italian champions Inter Milan, according to the highly-regarded France Football magazine.

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard has signed a four-year contract with Italian champions Inter Milan, according to the highly-regarded France Football magazine.

Arrivederci: Lampard is reported to have joined Inter
France Football said Lampard, who joined Chelsea from West Ham for £11 million in 2001 when Claudio Ranieri was manager, will earn an annual salary of around £5.8 million.

Lampard was one of Mourinho's 'untouchables' at Stamford Bridge and his goals from midfield contributed largely to the club's back-to-back Premier League title successes in the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons.

He has scored more than 20 goals in his past three seasons at Chelsea.

Lampard demonstrated great courage when he stepped up to take a penalty in last season's Champions League semi-final against Liverpool shortly after the death of his mother. He scored from the spot and Chelsea went on to reach the final for the first time in their history.

Lampard scored the equaliser for Chelsea in the final which ended 1-1 after extra time, but Manchester United went on to win the match on penalties.

Although Lampard was a hugely influential player at Chelsea, he sometimes failed to shine when partnered in midfield with German international Michael Ballack as both players like to get into the penalty box and score goals.

Specualtion will inevitably increase as to who will replace Lampard, with Portuguese midfielder Deco being touted as one of Luiz Felipe Scolari's main transfer targets.

Deco currently plays for Barcelona but is said to be surplus to requirements at the Nou Camp.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/27/ufnlampard127.xml

you could see this coming for ages

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

good to see an english international break out of his comfort zone and go test himself in a foreign league

good to see an english international break out of his comfort zone and go test himself in a foreign league

IMHO...he aint doing it to test himself, he is doing it for the money. He is a decent enough player and good luck to the fella but I personally don't think he is world class.

speculation
nothing on skysports or bbc sport

Be a sad day for us, Frank has been a good and loyal player for us .. BUT .. if he did go I don't think it will be such a bad thing, I think Ballack has rally come on and they never play well together, I think at this point in time Ballack is the better player, I would love to see Deco come in and play with Ballack, could be an awesome partnership ?

IMHO...he aint doing it to test himself, he is doing it for the money. He is a decent enough player and good luck to the fella but I personally don't think he is world class.

Jaffa m8, you are one of the most sensible guys on here!! While most talk with their heart ( and mostly total shite, especially the sectarian morons ) you always speak your mind !

Frank Lampard will never be world class, at best he will flatter to deceive, I hope he falls flat on his tits coz he is now glory hunting.........you might even see him kissing the badge soon,lmfao

Surprisingly quiet on this news. Apart from bbc gossip, not heard this anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised though, his futures been in doubt for a few months now and with mourinho at inter it could be good move for him.

Surprisingly quiet on this news. Apart from bbc gossip, not heard this anywhere. Wouldn't be surprised though, his futures been in doubt for a few months now and with mourinho at inter it could be good move for him.

I don't think people are too bothered, one way or another.

As a Chelsea Diehard I wont miss him, dont get me wrong he was a great servant to us but I always rated Ballack as a better player who didnt get to show his real football as Lamps was guarteed the main midfield slot. (they are to similar in play and style) The Euro2008 Dream Team doesnt lie when it named Ballack in the team. The profesionals (allegially) know there stuff. If he does go I wish him good luck although I feel it puts his England slot under threat from Premiere League playing Barry. They say out of sight out of mind.

Back