Fracarro penta dishes

i asked this same question before i got my 80cm triax and i dont think anyone had one of these dishes. 1 of the comments i did get though was the only thing better than a 1m dish is a 1m+ dish

they might be slightly higher gain but the white ones stand out like a sore thumb

Its like this-
Compare a high quality precision 85cm dish with a crap cheap budget 1m dish and you'll prove their claim correct "it can out-perform a 1m". Although this wont mean you get more channels it may just mean you get 0.1% extra signal level.

To gain more signal you need larger surface area, ie a larger dish. To gain slight improvement with the size you want to use, you can use a brand that provides more quality, accuracy and precision.

The Fracarro Penta is a quality unit, so you are looking at 85cm perhaps being about equal with a mid-range unit like a Triax 88cm, or a junk~dented~floppy~budget~nonprecision 1m dish.

In simple, if you want higher gain then use a larger dish. :)
Hope that helps.

i've got a penta 85 dish i cant comment on the signal as i've never had a 1m dish or a triax! BUT as pinky says it is a good unit BUT the comparisons made were probably against shite dishes and most probably need to be compared against other quality dishes like the triax.

Back