Former Rangers star Brian Laudrup reveals he is fighting cancer

Kruger

Inactive User
Reaction score
Former Denmark star Brian Laudrup reveals he is fighting cancer - Telegraph

Brian_Laudrup_21.jpg

The 41 year-old, who enjoyed a highly successful spell with Rangers from 1994-98 during which time he won three league titles, has been diagnosed with a mild form of lymphoma.

''I am obviously shocked by the diagnosis, but also know that there is now a tough battle ahead of me - a battle I will win,'' Laudrup told TV3, where he works as a commentator.

''Fortunately, I have had very optimistic reports from doctors to support me.''

The former Bayern Munich, Fiorentina, Chelsea and Ajax star added: ''I now want to use my energy to get over the shock and take time with my family and those closest to me, so together we can move forward after this diagnosis.''

Laudrup scored 21 goals in 82 matches for Denmark and helped his country to European Championship glory in 1992. He was named Danish player of the year on four occasions.

Good luck to him, one of the best players I ever watched playing for the Gers.

Good luck to him a legend. Him and Gazza in the same side. We were spoiled.

Best Wishes To One Of The Greatest Players I've Ever Seen!!

Hoping for a positive outcome and a speedy recovery for Laudo.

Good luck to him,top class player he was, He still looks as if he could play 90mins,Ive met the bloke and a true gent he is.

forget allegiances , this man has cancer. He graced the SPL with great skill, always a gentleman on tv at interviews,wish there were more of his calibre around now, on and off the park. a true pro. best wishes on successful treatment, from a hoops fan.

I hope he fights it successfully..

Great player helped raise standards briefly in Scotland.
I think all football fans worldwide will wish him well and speedy recovery!

this guy was an absolutely amazin player, he was one of the main reasons along with gazza that i use to watch and follow rangers... hopefully he makes a speedy & successful recovery....

i never seen much of him when he was at rangers, he was just about to leave as i was started watching Motherwell, but whenever i did he was a class act!

all the best big chap, shame we will never see any more players of his calibre in scottish fitba

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

A great player, a true gentleman, great ambassador for the sport.

Best of luck to him.

I once shared a journey in a lift with the man.:)

I said "Aye" and he replied "Hello", so that makes us great mates.

Good luck to the guy, hope he makes a full recovery.

The guy broke my heart on many occasions as a Celtic fan - one of the best players to play in Scotland in the last 20 years. It will be a while before we see another player of his undoubted quality playing for either half of the OF.

Back