Forget nuetrino for dreambox use gemini

loady

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been feking about with this neutrino for 3 days now.....i got a fully working gemini.

So far i have tried knets back up neutrino which i managed to get tv but no discovery, i tried feking with service xml, adapting the fully working gemini discovery channels to fit in with the neutrino xml..i got the discovery on epg but just blank screens.

Next i tried the neutrino from scratch and built it up...after scanning i still get no discovery, i have even set the scan to manual and put the correct frequency in for discovery and still no joy.

I am so pissed with this now and due to the lack of answers to the problem i have come to the conclusion that the neutrino images do not work fully on the dreambox so stick with gemini........untill more developers jump aboard the dreambox wagon stick with your dbox.

I would agree with you if your having problems stick with the Gemini image. Its been around allot longer for the dreambox than the neutrino and I would say that the neutrino image still needs some work.

But it was just like this with images for the dbox2. Some people could scan for channels with boxcracker and then have problems scanning on nextgen.

Regarding your scanning problems have you check the basic's like we did on the dbox?

Add the channel manually to your services.xml file so you can actually get to the channel even if its blank, then check the BER, SNR and SIG levels.

trooperboy

I've read that there seems to be a lack of support on these machines, but am still interested in buying. Which would be the best purchse in your opinion, Dreambox, Dbox2 or Eurovox m8 ?

loady said:
I have been feking about with this neutrino for 3 days now.....i got a fully working gemini. :Chainsaw:

Really sorry to hear this loady, I am still sticking with Neutrino for now, it has taken lots of scanning and fiddling with the settings but I am now pretty sure I have got 99.9% of channels, all the Adult NVOD etc and have been able to aquire a SBO event too (picked up via an adult channel???)

I have also found that the EPG sometimes causes probs with decoding certain channels, by this I mean if you select a channel in the 'Bouquets' editor screen it will stay blank until you exit back to TV and then press the 'info' key, then the channel appears not sure why as most will come on as soon as you select it

there are still a few more I want to see, like if I can get premplus footy this w/e

Happy to up another backup if you want to try.... I had a play with the Gemini 2.50 too this w/e and agree it's a lot quicker to setup and use than the Neutrino but it looks bloody clunky and the EPG is a little basic but for speed & scannning even I agree the Gemini is a better bet.

Last edited:
Briles said:
I've read that there seems to be a lack of support on these machines, but am still interested in buying. Which would be the best purchse in your opinion, Dreambox, Dbox2 or Eurovox m8 ?

Basic opinions seem to be dbox is a good box with a lot of support...
Dreambox is a more upto date verison of dbox with growing support...
Eurovox couldn't really say but not as popular...

I suppose you better get dreambox for futures sake.....i shouldnt moan cause i can have it all working in 2 minutes if i want, but i am just a fussy git and like neutrino frontend.

@knet: This is what puzzles me, you say you havent got prem plus ? im am pretty sure i have it on neutrino with a picture, yet the closest i can get to discovery is just an EPG......i have added the channels manually to the xml but still get no picture, if i thought it would work i would by hand convert the gemini fully working fully channelled xml to dreambox xml.

I have try neutrino and found a lot off freezes, but therefore I want to swicht to gemini and see what happens

Back