Ford transit petrol help

packer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all just bought ford transit petrol tipper g reg its got the 2.0l pinto petrol engine the prob is when i start up its a bit smokey more like steam but the exhaust fumes stink of petrol and it idles a bit lumpy ive done a service plus,leads,oil.etc but it runs a bit lumpy and as i said the exhaust fumes stink of petrol any ideas would be a great help as i need to mot asap cheers

chek the dizzy cap
damp, tracking if these r ok try this run engine and remove 1 lead at a time starting with the number 1 nearest to the front
and listern to see if any change if u dont get one at 1 plug this is the faulty 1
then do a compression test

Hi all just bought ford transit petrol tipper g reg its got the 2.0l pinto petrol engine the prob is when i start up its a bit smokey more like steam but the exhaust fumes stink of petrol and it idles a bit lumpy ive done a service plus,leads,oil.etc but it runs a bit lumpy and as i said the exhaust fumes stink of petrol any ideas would be a great help as i need to mot asap cheers

its a burned out inlet valve m8 . sorry its a head off job .. or sometimes if the cam is knackered one of the tappets has feel off

Thank you all lads great replies will try all suggestions and see what happens will let you know the final diagnosis thanks again lads

Back