Ford Focus issues 2014

I seem to be getting some where with my car, the garage over last few days have be testing it, with out the thermostat and we seem to have circulation all the way through the car and little driving it around town m, so we could be on for new genuine Ford one on Monday they said they need to drive it up the park way for a bit to see if the car over heats again, if it does then I may have head gasket problem will my car get hot without the thermostat connected.

Only in the scorching sun, you remove the stat to keep the temp of engine down.I rang Ford and only issue with them is head gasket.

They said they are £48 something on there own? So am I wasting time here with thermostat?

But the loss of water wont be a stat and as replaced twice already.

So say I’ve had two I know definitely one don’t know if guy just said I’ve had second one in it but they are saying I have no bubbles in my coolant like car not over heating

Sometimes you see bubbles, are the water hoses going hard or staying soft.

They said all the hoses are getting hot all the way round the car with out the thermostat in. I don't know what's wrong with it look like to me like I've got leak in the cylinder.

Car over heated yesterday again on par way without thermostat so head gasket failure getting it stripped down next week how much am I looking roughly would be a good price

No idea best to ring around and try and get a few quotes on it and remember hopefully not a cylinder head also.

Without stat all hoses will be hot and if gasket is an issue hoses will get very hard due to build up of pressure.

But that is an estimate and dont know what else can be found in the strip down of job.

No news is good news they say can‘t wait to get it back Friday just fringes crossed it doesn’t cost me to much on top of what I’ve already paid

Friday been and gone was told that they had to weld a bolt off as they couldn't removed it due to it being stuck on so the gasket only gone down today god this is dragging on so saying Tuesday now

Wonder was the bolt loose and the crud welded itself to head.

Looks that way he said he’s got photos to show me as soon as I’ve got them I’ll upload them

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is it guys below how bad does it look? This is before it was sent to get skimmed said gasket £800 all in but I have a bent piston yesterday when trying to fit gasket so delay in getting car back

Attachments

• 096500A6-CB3C-4C18-BFAF-6421DA219E44.jpeg
    096500A6-CB3C-4C18-BFAF-6421DA219E44.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 498C186A-D5A8-4C6D-A436-7E8DEAA2250B.jpeg
    498C186A-D5A8-4C6D-A436-7E8DEAA2250B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
  • E093451B-B33A-4F33-9553-D63598853ECE.jpeg
    E093451B-B33A-4F33-9553-D63598853ECE.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 13
Yes thats where the coolant went,are they dry liners around the pistons.Bent piston Omg Is it Gay?
Thicker Bigger gasket needed?

Back