For those who Know about Honda Civics

mobad

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys im buying my first car - Honda Civic VTEC SE SPORT AUTOMATIC which is a 51 plate with 80,000 on the clock.
Its a 3 door, very well maintained and leather cut interior.
Has had only 2 owners and full service history.

The seller said he will sell for £3200 with 6months MOT on top with it, as it was being sold for £3300 without MOT.

Is this a good deal?

Shame it's not a manual mate those VTEC engines are very quick , you sure u want an Auto box ?

U may regret it later

im sure mate, im not looking for the speed as of yet. As mentioned its my 1st car so once I save up a bit more I can go for something better in a year or so.
Is the price ok for the milage?

The seller said he will sell for £3200 with 6months MOT on top with it, as it was being sold for £3300 without MOT.
didnt know you could get m o t for 6 months. make sure it a reputable garage that supplies the m o t

MOT is for a yea, do you mean road tax, you can get that for 6 months
I had a civic for 8 years, unbelievably reliable, but cant really help with this one's value

wouldnt recommend getting this type of car for your first car nor an automatic, just my opinion tho, entirely upto u what u do, plus your insurance would be over a grand possibly £1500 or do u already have this sorted?

quite expensive for 2nd driver, u wont get your no claims as a 2nd driver tho i think? well i never used to anyway

Guys sorry I kept assuming you all knew from my older thread I do not hold a full UK driving license. This car is for my driving test, so I well get monthly which works out around £800 a year and then once passed on this car (test in 2 weeks) ill get full as a the first driver.

Just to verify -
The main driver is has insurance on hes own car and he has 8 years no claims bonus. I know you cant use the same no claims on the other car even if the insurance company is the same.
So he will be the policy holder of both cars, should this method be ok?
It will only be for a month or 2 max and then ill transfer over as main driver once passed.

So far quinn direct have given me the cheapest indurance at £58 a month and even me as the main driver on provisional and 2nd driver who has full license for over 10 years, which aint bad at all!!

To be honest, if it's an automatic and you want it for your test and your first car, I would get a manual. It can be a serious limitation and something you might regret.

Do you only intend to drive auto's? You can't drive a manual if you pass in an auto.

Hi Guys I realise I can only drive auto's. In the past 6 years along side an experienced driver I was driving a manual and for the past 1.5 years an automatic.
I just find the automatic more relaxing. I understand the limitations of speed but im more than happy with an auto for time being.
If in the future I feel its really letting me down ill go for a manual test and then purchase a manual car.

Hi Guys I realise I can only drive auto's. In the past 6 years along side an experienced driver I was driving a manual and for the past 1.5 years an automatic.
I just find the automatic more relaxing. I understand the limitations of speed but im more than happy with an auto for time being.
If in the future I feel its really letting me down ill go for a manual test and then purchase a manual car.

Last paragraph is odd?get your test done in a manual,you can then chop and change either way.

Shop around for your insurance, some will give you NCB'S even as a named driver.
Might be more expensive more better in the long run

Guys im buying my first car - Honda Civic VTEC SE SPORT AUTOMATIC which is a 51 plate with 80,000 on the clock.
Its a 3 door, very well maintained and leather cut interior.
Has had only 2 owners and full service history.

Is this a good deal?

For cash Id pay no more then £2900 £100 off is nothing for a car with 2 owners and 80,000 on the clock expect to start shelling out on parts soon enough as thats when cv joints and barings and drive shafts start to give you trouble

If its your first car why dont you buy sommick smaller with 40k on the clock then you,ll get a couple year with no hassle.

Last paragraph is odd?get your test done in a manual,you can then chop and change either way.

I'd have to agree with Donnie here, it would seem that you are going the long way round.

If u take the manual test then u can drive both and as aforementioned can chop and change as u please.

It's up to you but that is what i would do.

Wish u all the best for your test m8 :Cheers:

Well if you know how to drive a manual now, why not just take your test in one? Doesn't stop you having an auto car for yourself.

Not just a limitation for speed either. It could be a limitation in your job, limitation to the models of cars you can choose to buy and for example choosing to rent a car. In the future, you could find yourself with insurance to drive other cars other than your own and the situation calls upon it but you legally can't because the car is a manual.

Not trying to sway you away from an auto. Not got anything against them but if you're capable of driving a manual, it's a good thing to have and it saves you paying for two tests and avoids you building up bad habits for the second test if you should go down that route later on of taking a manual test.

Your choice at the end of the day though :Clap::Cheers:

Back